***** Okoye (Warrior General) *****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

(Cover Artist: Terry Dodson)

Okoye (Warrior General)
5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes, Team Cap
blacktilepng yellowtilepng 

"The head of the Dora Milaje, an all-female special forces group, Okoye is a fiercely loyal protector of Wakanda who isn't afraid to question her king, but would defend him with her life. A staunch fundamentalist who is as formidable with her spear as she is with her tongue, Okoye finds herself torn between her allegiance to her country and her king when T'Challa begins to challenge ancient Wakandan rules."

(Abilities, Match Damage, and Health listed at level 450)

59,274 Health
blacktilepng 740 | yellowtilepng 658 |  576 |  372 | greentilepng 93 | bluetilepng 86 | purpletilepng 79 |  4.5x

Wakanda Forever! - blacktilepng Passive
Okoye fights to protect Wakanda at all costs. Damage from friendly powers is increased by 784 for each Team-Up AP you have. Okoye's base Team-Up match damage is increased by 30%. At the start of the turn, if Okoye is not in front, destroy 1 friendly Team-Up AP.
  • Level 2: ...increased by 838 for each Team-Up AP...match damage is increased by 40%.
  • Level 3: ...increased by 907 for each Team-Up AP...match damage is increased by 50%.
  • Level 4: ...increased by 1018 for each Team-Up AP...match damage is increased by 75%.
  • Level 5: ...increased by 1321 for each Team-Up AP...match damage is increased by 90%.
Indomitable Spirit - 7 yellowtilepng AP
Okoye dutifully protects her allies with stoic conviction, not letting anything break her composure. Restores 1074 health for each Team-Up tile on the board, then converts 2 random basic tiles to Team-Up tiles.
  • Level 2: Restores 1197 health...
  • Level 3: Restores 1234 health...converts 3 random basic tiles...
  • Level 4: Restores 1444 health...
  • Level 5: Restores 1765 health...converts 4 random basic tiles...
Piercing Throw - 11  AP
Okoye hurls her spear at the enemy, striking them at their weak point. Deals 5841 damage and destroys a chosen row, dealing 1168 damage for each tile destroyed in the enemy's strongest color. Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.
  • Level 2: Deals 6718 damage...dealing 1343 damage for each tile destroyed...
  • Level 3: Deals 7545 damage...dealing 1509 damage for each tile destroyed...
  • Level 4: Deals 9212 damage...dealing 1842 damage for each tile destroyed...
  • Level 5: Deals 12472 damage...dealing 2494 damage for each tile destroyed...
What do you think is Okoye's best build? Vote down below!

***** Okoye (Warrior General) ***** 30 votes

5/5/3
46%
ThanosDartmaster01moss04madsaladPongiey4747SNKAllenKhazaqPlayer1575AnongarbanzoSaaber1118GreenroomNemesisEtherion 14 votes
5/4/4
6%
Ares76Grampy930 2 votes
5/4/5
40%
thedarkphoenixhimatakowhitecat31rdevil32axmossBasepuzzlerMoosePrimeJackDeath666D4Ni13monsieurmojopstar782004ZeroChill 12 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
6%
zeddicusgmtosca 2 votes

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Editor's Note: The poll is supposed to show 5/3/5 as an option, not 5/4/5. Apologies for the confusion!
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    5/4/5
    I like her but too bad since she's a 5-star character, I won't be able to use her at her full strength :(  Would be fun to combo her red with 4* Deadpool's purple. I also like how her design of making TU AP much more useful. Though, I'm not sure if this will work well with 5* BP since his yellow spend 7 to 10 TU AP when you have 11 or more. But since it only activates on a yellow match, I suppose it will work well and making collecting TU AP more beneficial. You have a choice of keeping them for damage boost or making a yellow match for a nuke. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    5/4/5
    I think this character is being heavily slept on. 

She seems like she's going to be an amazing 5 support than can also dish out damage. And I finally have a reason to use those team up tile boost!.
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker

She seems like she's going to be an amazing 5 support than can also dish out damage. And I finally have a reason to use those team up tile boost!.
    She’s going to be the new meta once people realize how heavy that black passive is and get her covered.  Every team up match makes all your powers hit 4k harder.  If it really does work with passives, Black Bolt’s passive will be doing 13k turn after two tu matches.  If it wasn’t for the fact that she pairs so well with him, she would be the Gambit slayer.  In practice, she will at least open up options for people.  Thor will be doing easy 25k aoes, JJ blue passive will hit like a nuke, Strange and BB passives doing 10k+, etc, etc, etc...

If anything, she’s probably nerf bait.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Thing is, her passive is really confusing. Check out her other thread: Brigby has stated that her Black passive boosts Dr Strange's passive Faltine Flames, but not Medusa's Entanglement. That's contradictory.
     I think Dr Strange's passive power is doing damage, but Medusa's power is creating a countdown, where the countdown does the damage. If thats the case, then she doesn't pair well with countdown or repeater users, unless they do damage as well as create them.
  • thedarkphoenix
    5/4/5
    658 said:

She’s going to be the new meta once people realize how heavy that black passive is and get her covered.  Every team up match makes all your powers hit 4k harder.  If it really does work with passives, Black Bolt’s passive will be doing 13k turn after two tu matches.  If it wasn’t for the fact that she pairs so well with him, she would be the Gambit slayer.  In practice, she will at least open up options for people.  Thor will be doing easy 25k aoes, JJ blue passive will hit like a nuke, Strange and BB passives doing 10k+, etc, etc, etc...

If anything, she’s probably nerf bait.
    Kinda why i hope people dont realize how good she is until later lol.
  • thedarkphoenix
    5/4/5
    Thing is, her passive is really confusing. Check out her other thread: Brigby has stated that her Black passive boosts Dr Strange's passive Faltine Flames, but not Medusa's Entanglement. That's contradictory.
    Seems like any active power that can be triggered would trigger it, so repeaters (maybe be out of the question)  but passives like strange and black bolt would. Medusa passive isn't really active it creates a title but there isn't really an active or direct damage from the power itself. So it makes sense to me.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
     I think Dr Strange's passive power is doing damage, but Medusa's power is creating a countdown, where the countdown does the damage. If thats the case, then she doesn't pair well with countdown or repeater users, unless they do damage as well as create them.
    Medusa is a bad example for them to use as Entaglement damage is added to the total of Attack tile damage rather than dealing its own specific damage. Wakanda Forever won’t boost Attack tiles, so it wasn’t going to affect Entanglement. Need to check it against powers like Crimson Bands of Cytorrak, See the Math of it, Countdown for What, etc.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Disgusting new partner for 5* Gambit if her black can trigger per countdown tile on Ragin Cajun, either way free extra damage on the spamfest that is Aces & Eights.

5* DD would probably enjoy her company too with Hand to Hand every turn, this all banks on if these abilities will work like this with her black.

For the rest of us mortals down in 4* land few come to mind:

-DPX countdown for what
    -Red Hulk Hammer & Anvil (maybe Seeing Red? who knows)
    -Vulture One Fell Swoop
    -C&D Light Dagger and even more damage off the 3 cost Pocket Dimension.
    -Possibly Yondu if his blue can get the bonus damage every turn, but I doubt it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bring the 2* Ms Marvel yellow T/U!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Bring the 2* Ms Marvel yellow T/U!

Spending the 8 TU in the first place for Strategic Command can, but will not always net you a positive gain of TU.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    5/4/5
    Gotta say, I'd rather bank that 10k damage per turn with Bolt than spend it on maybe getting more TUs. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    Small nitpick, but the poll option 5/4/5 should be 5/3/5
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Small nitpick, but the poll option 5/4/5 should be 5/3/5

Brigby mentioned this error in the first comment
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 819 Critical Contributor
    Interesting that her black passive has been nerfed to not add damage to tile destruction powers, such as those used by Gambit, Thor, Storm, etc., (but especially Gambit) but it does add damage to passive powers, such as Strange's Flames, Lockjaw's Loyal Protector, etc.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having so much fun with Okoye. In the now-gone but not forgotten Deadpool PvP it was amusing watching Deadpool's red hit for 20k and actually down people. In the soon-gone Cloak & Dagger PvP it's spamming C&D's purple for massive amounts of Okoye-boosted damage; and watch out if I can get C&D's yellow off... ouch! Throw in Medusa for kicks and very little can survive. Gambit-shmambit, he goes down just as quickly as everyone else.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    I'm having so much fun with Okoye. In the now-gone but not forgotten Deadpool PvP it was amusing watching Deadpool's red hit for 20k and actually down people. In the soon-gone Cloak & Dagger PvP it's spamming C&D's purple for massive amounts of Okoye-boosted damage; and watch out if I can get C&D's yellow off... ouch! Throw in Medusa for kicks and very little can survive. Gambit-shmambit, he goes down just as quickly as everyone else.
    Yeah, I mostly ran her with Medusa and all of a sudden I remembered that this game can still be really fun.