What kind of PvE event do you prefer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Preference
    No preference, I've played every event since pve became loaded with CP. SO it just feels like one 365 days pve so they all gel into one.

Perfection for me would be reducing the number of clears to green check and start countdowns, even by one. Yeah I like in a dream world.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like different things about most events. I like 4-day subs as a standard, I like 7-day subs for giving better rewards, I like Bosses for providing different challenges, cooperative play with your alliance, and more covers, and I like 3-day events only because they let us start new events every Thursday (so we don't have to worry about what day the new events will start every week, the consistency is nice).

I miss the Gauntlet as something to do in the background, and for the extra challenge, but ultimately it wasn't very exciting. It would be cool to have something to run alongside Boss events or during the off-season (when "normal play" is a little different because of what events are going on at the time), but the Gauntlet needs some new hubcaps and a coat of paint.

And then 48-hour sub events can die in a fire. They're sub-par compared to normal sub events, and don't even have the decency Boss events have to offer more covers/LTs in comparison. They might be better if they offered some choice, like if 48-hour subs had two days' worth of stuff to do and let you choose whether you played half each day, or doubled-up on one day to take the other off. The rest of the game (minus Boss events) functions at a regular rhythm, and 48-hour subs are an unwelcome stutter. Like the game is a staircase and every now and then it has a step that's twice as deep. Just throws off everything and doesn't provide anything useful in return.

(so that's why I didn't answer the poll, as I couldn't fit my preferences into a single poll option, unfortunately)
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    7-Day event
    I like 7-day event due to progression awards.  I don't mind it if it has one but no more than two 48-hour sub event.  
  • LordRayne
    LordRayne Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3-Day Event
    I'm not fond of seven day events simply due to the fact that if I want to place well, I have to plan my real life around it somehow. This is much easier for 3-day events.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    what about system reboot?
    why Gauntlet is not run concurrently w/ boss events is totally idiotic.

HATE HATE HATE 48hr subs. it's like bruh you want a break? then put the tinykitty phone down! If I want to play I should be able to log in and play. 

DPvMPQ is just the laziest stopgap hydrogenated filler. you really don't need 4 days for that. 
    Also what bout coulson's story or the Cho goes down to Georgia storyline? Were those 2 days?

Just run more events: stop adding delays and watering down rewards.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    7-Day event
    7-day, as long as it's not Hulk.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    7-Day event
    purplemur said:

HATE HATE HATE 48hr subs. it's like bruh you want a break? then put the tinykitty phone down! If I want to play I should be able to log in and play. 

If you want to play, then pick your phone up and play. The nodes are still there for you.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boss Events
    Punter1 said:
    I love 7 day Events. Rewards are great plus all the sub rewards. 

Is there a difference in rewards between a 7x24 and 3x24 + 4x24?  Isn't the latter the same but with more rewards overall? 2 x prog + 2 x placement? 

I know the 7-day prog and placement have some adjustment but does it equally match?

You get 2-4* covers in prog.  You get more CPs.  

Went digging a bit - it's hard as sub-rewards aren't listed and there's for sure info missing.  I can't seem to find placement rewards comparison in the forums though I'm sure it must exist.

Update to 7 day prog this was the best I could find.  According to the tables in a 7-day in CL8 you get 1,500ISO, 35HP and 7CP more from prog than 2x 3/4day.  4*s, 3*s & tokens are all equal. 

I'm assuming sub rewards for all 24h subs are equal so you'd be indifferent there. 

Overall Placement, I think 7 day events do get more (not sure if 2x), but couldn't find the detail to compare.

So 7-days are better for rewards - but not loads better.  I think like others I prefer 3/4 day events for the flexibility.  To get even more specific I like 3 day Fri to Sun, 4 day Mon to Thu (in my time zone), this fits best with my home schedule and being flexible on weekends.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    purplemur said:

If you want to play, then pick your phone up and play. The nodes are still there for you.
    them nodes ain't worth no points and give no rewards. Nobody plays the second day; that's the whole point of forced vacation.
    It can be the doldrums at times but I still love the game and enjoy playing it. I have a lot of fun; I can quit whenever I want. I don't need a 4day MeetR&G Intervention.
    So when I'm hyped it's a ****day night and I might finish prog after the flip only to find trombones! "whuuuuwhuuuu"=48hr Luck be a Lady :s It's maddening!  I can't play because they need to stall for an extra day. Their customer can't use the product because?????
     It seems like they too lazy/ incompetent/apathetic to calendar the PvE for their next 2week scrum. So they have to jam in extra days to make them fit with the next release and somewhat sync with PvP. They overvaluate their IGC and don't run 2 day events because they give away covers; as would squeezing in shorter events with full progrewards. So they stall...............................24hrs........................before letting you play the next round. 
    Sign sez: This Basketball court is closed to all players who scored 8 points yesterday.  The court will reopen at 11:00 pm.