Rogue takes full damage from hazard tiles

Jwallyr
Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
So rogue is obviously in front, and the obnoxious hazard tiles blow up in FFW. She takes full damage. I get the impression that it’s an oddity about how the hazard tiles are coded as “neutral” and not an intentional design choice, and if it’s intentional... that’s dumb.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    That ability reads as "as long as Rogue is in front, she takes X% less damage from enemy matches and powers for each teammate still in the fight.

Hazard tile is a tile, not an enemy. I think you can see the difference more clearly
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    And enemy countdown tiles that do damage are tiles, and not the enemies themselves. I'm not sure why you thought that was a helpful distinction to make.

Regardless, my point remains that the hazard tiles should be considered an "enemy effect" and Rogue should take her normal reduced damage so as to fulfill her role as a tank. Currently that's not the case, and I consider it a bug to be fixed.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,219 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    The countdowns are not an enemy power, it's considered neutral.  The whole issue is that the effect of the tile isn't neutral, hence all the threads in General Discussion.  Her power in this instance works as intended.  Enemy damage outside of match and powers aren't covered by her tanking ability.  Look at enemy attack tiles, they aren't covered.  Also, she has to be in front for her to block damage from powers.

If you're saying "enemy effects" should be covered, then that's more a suggestion than a bug since her powers state powers and matches are covered only.