Exploding Tech!

0_efx_0
0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Are there too many tiles of exploding tech?
Should I count how many there are per match? What are the odds of their production?
Anyone know?

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, I think there are too many. I dropped to scl 6 in pure disgust with this event. Not only are you getting damage from the tiles themselves, but the cascade damage I think only affects you, not the enemy.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Not only that, but the enemy team scoops up any AP generated from cascades too.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    So threefold unfair  :/
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have tried to find a rhyme or reason for when the tiles appear and how many but cannot come up with a discernable pattern.  Easily the worst PVE they have done.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    There seemed to be a lot more of these tiles than I remember before.  I had 2 or 3 of them going off in almost every fight.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    You’re right, they also generate AP for the opponent! That’s no good, now I believe I do recall seeing a chart somewhere when this story was first introduced that shared the information of odd % of Exploding Tech Tile Generation.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    There's no pattern I can figure out. Play your tile-swappers and overwriters (yeah, a lot of them work!) and just work around them like any other nuisance tiles.
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I didnt even realize the opponent got the ap on cascades. Lol that design is so terrible, it had to be intentional. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    There's no pattern I can figure out. Play your tile-swappers and overwriters (yeah, a lot of them work!) and just work around them like any other nuisance tiles.
    Wait, which game are you playing?  A lot of your overwriters work on the neutral countdown tiles?  Please let me know which ones do that I will be forever in your debt.  Thanks!
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Exploding Tech is probably the most cheapskate way to deliver damage to your team(s). Getting 4 or more 2-turn CDs that do 2k+ damage is making the first sub of FFW one of the most frustrating things in MPQ, not to mention the 'neutral' nomer they supposedly fall under. For me this makes this whole event a slog...

Bring back the (restricted roster) Heroics, they were more fun than this nonsense.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have 5-star Thor rostered, the KABOOM tiles help his passive start up very quickly.  That's a benefit...for a very select few people, anyway.
  • drexyl
    drexyl Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    It's all about bleeding Health Packs from the community.