Schedule for 5-star Heroes for Hire?

sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
It's been asked before, but I've learned not to open up a thread that hasn't been posted in for over a month. :)  Is there a schedule for which 5-star Hero for Hire (character and cover) will be available in future events?  My 5/4/3 Black Widow is very curious when I can get her 13th cover.  My 5/5/2 Thanos is curious, but ready to wait a long, long time.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    The short answer is there is no predictable run for specific character in HfH. I believe they cycle through each power once. So, the next time Thanos or Black Widow is featured, it would be their second colour. Here's a thread that you might be interested:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70294/list-of-featured-5-essentials

BW was last featured on 21 Dec 2017. Thanos was last featured on 26 feb 2018. It looks like your Thanos need to wait for another 10 to 11 months to get his third colour. 

You could wait for Black Widow's feeder. The earliest could be in August or Sept. As for Thanos's level G4mora till 320 and you'll get your 3rd colour.

Or you could simply use 720CP for each power upgrade.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

It looks like Black Widow is due fairly soon. Next Classic cycle (that begins once Fight for Wakanda is done) should have Peter Parker and Hawkeye as the fivestar Essentials. Then we have Another Latest cycle, and the Classic cycle after that should have BiB Spider-man and Black Widow. So barring boss events and the like, Black Widow should be on sale in early June.

I don't Think they will give her a fourstar feeder just yet as it will probably be the new fourstar Widow...

• DudeBro
    DudeBro Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    My bssm has been at 525 for like a year. I'll pull the trigger on his green when it gets here. Thanks for the heads up. 
  • sambrookjm
    Quebbster said:

It looks like Black Widow is due fairly soon. Next Classic cycle (that begins once Fight for Wakanda is done) should have Peter Parker and Hawkeye as the fivestar Essentials. Then we have Another Latest cycle, and the Classic cycle after that should have BiB Spider-man and Black Widow. So barring boss events and the like, Black Widow should be on sale in early June.

I don't Think they will give her a fourstar feeder just yet as it will probably be the new fourstar Widow...

It's early June, so where it my Black Widow Cover!?!  :)  Hopefully, we're in the cycle before Black Widow shows up now.  We've got Lumbercap for Deadpool vs MPQ, so the Inhumans Node on day 2 should be lots of fun with a newly released 5-star.

My ISO has been going towards getting other 5-stars up to their max levels (Thor and Strange are champed. My 4/2/4 Gambit's at 405).  Widow currently needs about 430K ISO to get to LVL 435, so that will take a while.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster said:

It's early June, so where it my Black Widow Cover!?!  :)  Hopefully, we're in the cycle before Black Widow shows up now.  We've got Lumbercap for Deadpool vs MPQ, so the Inhumans Node on day 2 should be lots of fun with a newly released 5-star.

My ISO has been going towards getting other 5-stars up to their max levels (Thor and Strange are champed. My 4/2/4 Gambit's at 405).  Widow currently needs about 430K ISO to get to LVL 435, so that will take a while.

Boss battles mess things up a bit, but Black Widow should be essential next weekend (which should also be a new release... sucks for my one cover Widow I guess). Okoye should be up after LumberCap, then BiB Spiderman early next week and Black Widow should start her essential run on June 14th.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless the devs change up their order (which they haven't yet), then the schedule should be:

6/7  (Unknown PVE):  Okoye
    6/10 or 11:  (Unknown PVE):  BSSM
    6/14: (Unknown PVE):  Black Widow

You should be able to buy one of her covers, if you wish, around the 14th.  Maybe the 17th if there is a 7 day somewhere.

Also, in DPvMPQ, the 5E in sub 1 is the real pain in the tinykitty (Cage, Fist, Mbird).  Sub 2 is much less so, although I forget who that is exactly.  The Inhumans node (Lockjaw/Bolt/Medusa) is in Hearts of Darkness.

*Note to devs:  Please don't run Hearts of Darkness next with Okoye essential!  Please.  I see that it's time is coming soon, but the Hunt, which is also likely due soon, would be far preferable over dragging a 1-2 cover 5 into that mess.  (Further note:  The plans are probably already done and it's too late to change anything.)
  • sambrookjm
    bluewolf said:

Also, in DPvMPQ, the 5E in sub 1 is the real pain in the tinykitty (Cage, Fist, Mbird).  Sub 2 is much less so, although I forget who that is exactly.  The Inhumans node (Lockjaw/Bolt/Medusa) is in Hearts of Darkness.

Ahhh....I got the wrong nearly-impossible node for this event.  Thanks for the correction.
  • Quebbster
    bluewolf said:

Thanos, Vulture, Daken.
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I know it's asking a bit much but since you seem to know how the sausage is made @bluewolf maybe you can help me figure out when Doc Strange is due to be an essential in a PvE, as I'm in need of his purple power to make it to 13. Can you somehow work your magic with me too?

• Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    7/19 (one boss event included and no 7-day events on the way)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like they are keeping the 4* feeder a surprise until Wednesday?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprise....it'll be the 4 that is the placement reward in the PVE that is currently running when the announcement is made.  

So Valk, is my guess, unless they just skip the feeder this month.  No rules have been established for any of this, after all, just observed patterns.

My gut is they want to make it harder for people to get the "free" LTs from the Latest feeders, and so they are delaying this announcement until after all the 4's are available at the same rate, and you will get less of her.