Is this the “healthiest” of the three active Puzzle Quest games in mobile?

Roco32373
Roco32373 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
How healthy is MPQ compared to Magic the Gathering PQ and Adventure Time PQ? Is this the most popular and/or most supported game by the devs?

Just curious. 
Tagged:

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Adventure time is dead.  Magic came out much later than MPQ so I would think mpq is healthiest due to its longevity.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    I don't know about the other two games but this game is certainly unhealthy. 
    If you enjoy the grind now, trust me you will not after a year & a half of facing the Dark avengers.
    BTW How long ago was that storyline? 
    Remove them and replace with the skrulls and some super skrulls damn it.

To make the game healthier :-

1= Pve must be reduced to one event per month. Probably a new seven day event with two 48 hour subs offering double ISO. Everyone will play that. 
    How popular Thor and Loki are i suggest an Asgard event.

2= Alliance event once a month, they are popular.

3= Bring back the gauntlet with improved ISO and better cover rewards. 
    I suggest a 4 day gauntlet Monday to Thursday and 3 day gauntlet Thursday to Sunday.

4= Deadpool daily is fine, keep it.

5= pvp is broken but the big boys gotta play somewhere.

Only some suggestions but I know they will be ignored.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ is the healthiest game of all three. As mentioned, Adventure Time Quest has retired. 

MtG was released in December 2015. They changed the game developer from Hibernum to Oktagon recently. I tried playing MtG before and it's not easy to play because the interface for choosing spell and characters was really difficult to use. I couldn't find any tutorial at all. I stopped playing after ~5 days.

MPQ was released in iOS and Android on 3 Oct 2013. It was released in Steam two months later. After a couple of years later, they released MPQ in Amazon Appstore. MPQ is still developed by Demiurge. Sega acquired Demiurge in 2015, but I'm not sure whether it's due to them working on MPQ. If you are a gamer, I think you would know who Sega is.

1) In the past, Demiurge hired extra staff(s) due to the popularity of MPQ.

2) They bought extra servers to handle the influx of new players. I believe there is at least 100,000 players playing this game. 

3) Its revenue is over $100 million dollars.

4) As for development, they work closely with Marvel. I think the dialogue in PvE is written by Marvel's employees. Marvel is even involved in the creation of some PvEs and characters. Marvel gives them lots of supports for character creation. I believe D3 might be involved in some of the creation of characters as well.  Demiurge usually have tie-in with comics, movies or series. 

5) As for supports from this forum, you can see that there's not much love from most of them. It's still pretty much the same comments as a few years back: "MPQ is dying", "the devs don't listen to any players' feedbacks", "it's grindy", "it's a money grab" etc. Outside of this forum, the responses might be different though. I think some players sent comic books or figurines to the devs for making this game.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,389 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Jabrony Geoff I don't think the op meant 'healthy' that way :mrgreen:

But yeah, MPQ is probably healthiest. And while I don't really keep up with developments, MtGPQ is probably a distant second. Love the art but never played it. 
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    It must surely be MPQ - it is silky smooth to play compared to MtGPQ, on both a technical level (latter has way to many load breaks) and a gameplay one (drastic deviations from PQ formula).
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    DeNappa said:
    @Jabrony Geoff I don't think the op meant 'healthy' that way :mrgreen:

But yeah, MPQ is probably healthiest. And while I don't really keep up with developments, MtGPQ is probably a distant second. Love the art but never played it. 
    DeNappa I knew exactly what the opening post meant but I chose to ignore it like MPQ choose to ignore our requests to reduce the grind. :D
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    The question is, how healthy is it compared to the other marvel games? Other than tsum tsum (RIP) and maybe Avengers Academy, it seems like it's treading water more.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    If you enjoy the grind now, trust me you will not after a year & a half of facing the Dark avengers.

1= Pve must be reduced to one event per month. Probably a new seven day event with two 48 hour subs offering double ISO. Everyone will play that. 
    You must be joking.  I only play PVP when I have some midday free time.  The only reason that I play this game at all is to play the stories of PVE... and you think there should be *less* of it?
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    No. (Extra fluff cuz comment needs more than 5 characters)
  • Jabrony_Geoff

You must be joking.  I only play PVP when I have some midday free time.  The only reason that I play this game at all is to play the stories of PVE... and you think there should be *less* of it?
    You must be new to the game, nobody, repeat nobody follows the pve stories after a month of playing. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit said:
    The question is, how healthy is it compared to the other marvel games? Other than tsum tsum (RIP) and maybe Avengers Academy, it seems like it's treading water more.
    How many mobile Marvel games are there, now? Strike Force, Contest of Champions, Future Fight, Lego Marvel, Spider-Man Unlimited, and Avengers Academy? I bet I'm missing some...

I think MPQ is doing just fine when compared to all of these, from a financial standpoint and an active player base. There's no way for us to know the financials, but we're approaching the 5 year mark and the developers have yet to show a single sign that this game is near an end. In fact, with the recent addition of Supports (popular or not) they've shown a commitment to the long-term health and continuation of this game.

Strike Force may be the flavor of the month game that everyone is trying now, but the novelty will wear off just like it did for the Star Wars game it cloned. Those types of games rarely stand the test of time.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started this up because Adventure Time was a steaming pile that wasn't getting any updates, and that was several years ago.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker

You must be new to the game, nobody, repeat nobody follows the pve stories after a month of playing. 
    Please do not be presumptive about other players' habits.  I have been playing for nearly a year and it is PVE that keeps me interested and excited, not PVP, which I do not really enjoy.  Your suggestion to only have a single PVE event each month would end my participation in this game.