I acquired a job! :D

Options
2»

Comments

• Mr_Teddy
    Mr_Teddy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree on the 3 weak nodes. The loading screens before and after inkluding rewards takes 95% of the time, as I just move one tile with thanos and then everyone is dead.

But it is PVP that really needs fixing. Without Gambit it's a drag to play. I see him in almost every game. When Wolverine had that dominance a few years ago he was nerfed. I hate nerfing, but I need to spend on 2 AP+ every game to win, so I have given up on seasons and just go for the 10-pack. I
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    evade420 said:
    abmoraz said:

evade420 said:
    Quebbster said:
    abmoraz said:
    0_efx_0 said:

Two hours seems excessive for the initial PvE grind. Do you do it all in one sitting or do you play off and on? Is dropping to a lower SCL an option?
    that is way too long try a lower scl. 4 clears should only take between 25-45 minutes depending on the event

I generally always play while watching TV or podcasts (not just the PvE grind, but PvP, lightning, DDQ, etc...), so it's never an ideal run, however, I'm not trying for placement.  I regularly get top 100 (20% of the time top-50) and that is good enough for me, so I don't give a rat's-tinykitty(?) about how long it takes.  Why should I lower my guaranteed progression rewards and drop down SCL for potential (but not guaranteed) placement awards just because you think it takes too long?

OP asked how does one fit in working full-time with playing.  I posted how I do it.  I wasn't looking for min-maxs or critiques.
    easy there , it was only a suggestion . if your'e happy with the way you play then i'm happy for you.
    if you're watching TV and doing other things while playing the game then that makes perfect sense, by what you said I pictured someone sitting there struggling through 4 clears intensely over 2 hours, which would lead to major burn out.
    you'll find I rarely ever come to the forums to criticize , sorry if it came across as such

Yeah, I was worried you might be losing sleep because the clears took so long. If you are doing it in a relaxed manner and would be awake anyway it's obviously not a problem. :)
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0_efx_0 said:
    Hahaha I never said the real world was the problem. Jago quotes himself as Jago? 
    The problem is I have other things do, like workout, cook dinner, shower, socialize and I love this game. The game play time is a bit too long at times. Can you understand that aspect? Or will you try to be more condescending and involve little to no help in this thread? 

- 0_efx_0

We’ll probably stick with the condescending. I mean, do you have any self auditing capacity?

You basically wrote that the game was perfect for your old lifestyle when you had an advantage, but now that your lifestyle has changed the game should be modified now to suit your new life.

When your big whinge is that you don’t want to have to make choices about entertainment, condescending is the appropriate responsr. 

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    evade420 said:
    abmoraz said:

evade420 said:
    Quebbster said:
    abmoraz said:
    0_efx_0 said:

Two hours seems excessive for the initial PvE grind. Do you do it all in one sitting or do you play off and on? Is dropping to a lower SCL an option?
    that is way too long try a lower scl. 4 clears should only take between 25-45 minutes depending on the event

I generally always play while watching TV or podcasts (not just the PvE grind, but PvP, lightning, DDQ, etc...), so it's never an ideal run, however, I'm not trying for placement.  I regularly get top 100 (20% of the time top-50) and that is good enough for me, so I don't give a rat's-tinykitty(?) about how long it takes.  Why should I lower my guaranteed progression rewards and drop down SCL for potential (but not guaranteed) placement awards just because you think it takes too long?

OP asked how does one fit in working full-time with playing.  I posted how I do it.  I wasn't looking for min-maxs or critiques.
    easy there , it was only a suggestion . if your'e happy with the way you play then i'm happy for you.
    if you're watching TV and doing other things while playing the game then that makes perfect sense, by what you said I pictured someone sitting there struggling through 4 clears intensely over 2 hours, which would lead to major burn out.
    you'll find I rarely ever come to the forums to criticize , sorry if it came across as such

Yeah, I was worried you might be losing sleep because the clears took so long. If you are doing it in a relaxed manner and would be awake anyway it's obviously not a problem. :)
    Yeah, I probably could've explained that better.  Like last night, I did one full pass to open up all the nodes, then cleared the 5* and 4* nodes, but fell asleep on the couch in the middle of a 3* match all while catching up on My Hero Academia season 2.  I'll finish the rest of the "4-pass" nodes over my lunch break today and still finish in the top 100 for the sub when I clear them this evening.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    Quebbster said:
    evade420 said:
    abmoraz said:

evade420 said:
    Quebbster said:
    abmoraz said:
    0_efx_0 said:

Yeah, I probably could've explained that better.  Like last night, I did one full pass to open up all the nodes, then cleared the 5* and 4* nodes, but fell asleep on the couch in the middle of a 3* match all while catching up on My Hero Academia season 2.  I'll finish the rest of the "4-pass" nodes over my lunch break today and still finish in the top 100 for the sub when I clear them this evening.
    I find that scl9 has gotten crazy competitive,  it used to be easy to get t50 and t20 was attainable even if you didint play optimally , but lately I have to fight to  t50, so I often settle for t100 . 
    I'd rather avoid the stress than take higher placement , I really wish we had real pve events that had no placement rewards but I don't think that'll happen
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
     I use my skips to find opponents worth 74 (leaving the 75 pointers on the vine).  
    I just want to say thanks for the tip.  It never occurred to me before to consider the point cap and save the high values for later.  You have improved my gaming experience, good sir!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hopefully you are also shielding because those 75 pointers you're saving will easily get overwritten by a <10 point retaliation red node handed to you by some annoying late climbing zombie with a superior roster.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    0_efx_0 said:
    Hahaha I never said the real world was the problem. Jago quotes himself as Jago? 
    The problem is I have other things do, like workout, cook dinner, shower, socialize and I love this game. The game play time is a bit too long at times. Can you understand that aspect? Or will you try to be more condescending and involve little to no help in this thread? 

- 0_efx_0
    You need to be smarter about time management. I just don't shower which also eliminates any time spent socializing.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    0_efx_0 said:
    How do you all get by playing PVE and PVP without having real life kick in and give you little room for MPQ?
    You have to optimize your time. Let me offer some tips and tricks. (Hopefully you play on a mobile platform. If you don't, there is no hope for you.)

1) When you have to go number 2 don't forget to bring MPQ with you. Often you can sneak in a lightning round during a stubborn one.
    2) Start smoking. This way you have an excuse to step away at the exact time a PvP is about to start so you can clear some seed teams.
    3) If you have a spouse or significant other, ditch them. If that's not an option, get them addicted to MPQ as well.
    4) Start taking the bus. Sure your car is great and all, but think about the carbon footprint you're leaving. More importantly, think about all the time you waste paying attention to the road when you could be paying attention to MPQ instead.
    5) Do you have kids? Train them to take care of your light work. You don't need to be doing easy-node clears in PvE. Not even a 3-year old could mess those up with Grocket, Gamora, and Medusa.
    5) Also once you have run out of kids, think pets. I was training my dog to match 3 with his nose to help out but he wasn't getting it. I have a bit more faith in the cat but she does get bored easily so I can't see her being a grinder.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    abmoraz said:
     I use my skips to find opponents worth 74 (leaving the 75 pointers on the vine).  
    I just want to say thanks for the tip.  It never occurred to me before to consider the point cap and save the high values for later.  You have improved my gaming experience, good sir!
    Yeah, took me shamefully long to realize that.  A 75 pointer when you are starting may still be worth 75 points when you are at 500 points or even 1000.  By waiting until it drops to 74 or 73, you ensure you aren't wasting its value early on.

/I should've paid attention more in my Game Theory classes in college
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    PVE:
    Don't try to get max progression on each event; your real life will be thankful. 4* cover is an easy target which is not too time consuming.
    To be faster, use an appropriate team for every node. For instance, easy node can be wiped clean 4x with Thanos within a minute.

PVP:
    I don't often play PVP. When I do, I try to steal some placement rewards at event end. It's a 20min fast grind. Not too much time consuming and it can reward you with a season 10x pack.

And as a general rule, disable the animation. It remove a fun part of the game, but if you are looking for time, it's a game changer.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I could play at SCL9, but play at SCL7, because I want it to go quicker and YES, get rid of the animations (I really wish you could skip the story part too).  I does irk me a bit that the 5* mandatory node is often worth so few points,.

I did also discover (from being on holidays and being in weird time zones and having family obligations, that even if you start at a really odd time compares to your slice, you can still do pretty well, and if your alliance is not trying you down to a top spot, don't worry about it at all and just play for progression and you only need what, 5 clears now, for full progression.

Also I recently discovered that playing PVP on the first day the moment it comes out so you get the pile of easy targets (whatever those things that aren't actual players are called), is not necessarily worth it when instead you can play when you want and not feel stressed about joining right on time, and you can do just as well, or better and save 300-600 HP in the process.