Thanks for the crash fixes Devs!

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
I play on steam and fixes often go unnoticed. I am unsure when it happened but at some point my crashes just completely stopped happened. I use to have 3-5 crashes everyday and playing PVP was always a gamble with shield hopping and potentially losing because of random crashes. I cannot remember the last time I had a crash but it was a long time ago.  

Unsure if the same happened with Mobile players or if it was fixed for you all. Feels great to just play the game and not worry about something completely out of my control like crashing ruining it. 

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah it was the same thing on Android. However my crashes stopped when I upgraded my phone from a Nexus 6 to a Pixel 2. I figured a part of what caused the crashes were memory issues so upgrading to a better phone fixed it.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had my first crash of the year last week, indeed a huge improvement from the usual 2 daily crashes last year!

Now if only we could get our nice and shiny Steam interface back....
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    While we're here, is alt tabbing slow for anyone else?

I'm not sure if a game update or a Windows update as slowed my computer down when alt tabbing in and out of the game. Used to be I could flit back and forth easily, but alt tabbing back into the game will take 2-4 seconds of black screen before it shows up again.

That said, I agree with TC...haven't had a crash for a long time on Steam.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Android, too. It used to be very frustrating starting a match and before you could make your first move, the game would crash & shut down. That has not happened for a long, long time now.

Props to @nigelregal Too often we whine and gripe at the Devs, and too infrequently do we thank them.

Thank you, Devs, for making this game, and keeping it running.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    While we're here, is alt tabbing slow for anyone else?

I'm not sure if a game update or a Windows update as slowed my computer down when alt tabbing in and out of the game. Used to be I could flit back and forth easily, but alt tabbing back into the game will take 2-4 seconds of black screen before it shows up again.

That said, I agree with TC...haven't had a crash for a long time on Steam.
    it was the recent Windows update, don't play full screen if you want to avoid that or change
    WindowedFullscreenEnabled=false
    to
    </code><code>WindowedFullscreenEnabled=true
    in your config file (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Demiurge Studios\Marvel Puzzle Quest\mpq_config.ini)