4* DDQ: Punisher (Max) vs Carol Danvers

Anon
Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
280 5/3/5 Big Pun got it first try.

Just gunned for Blue and Black. Fired Blue then Black and she was dead. Really easy.

LT gave me a champed Peggy cover.

Comments

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Lv 152, 4/2/1, 3 tries, 1st try without any boost, 2nd and 3rd try using +4 green and black AP, +60% all match damage, +20% Green and black match damage.
    On 1st try, manage to get Carol's down to 2200 health,
    2nd try, lose too fast as Carol get her black and yellow too fast and early
    3rd try, manage to match once her black countdown tile and hoard all Punisher's colour until I can deal use his blue X1, and Black x2 to KO Carol.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    274 here, got mauled on my first attempt. She hoovered up all the black & yellow that dropped, fired her black + yellow combo twice, and the resulting boosted strikes finished me off with a pair of match-4s. All I managed to fire was blue, twice.

Try #2, I mauled her. Blue into black into a couple of matches. Toast. 

Token to my hoard.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it first try with my 277 5/5/3 PunMax, but it hurt a lot.  Nearly all of her black AP came from my PunMax matching it, and she kept getting yellows.  I ended up winning with about 5K health left.  Token gave me...a red FalCap, which increased his level for the Behemoth Burrito in the very next match. :)
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Even boosted, my 2/2/3 140 PunMax could only win on the third try and just barely.  It helped that it was easy denying her black or even if she could do a countdown for Photonic Barrage, I and sometimes she would match it away.

To the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    First go with my 5/1/3 lvl 170 Punisher with no boosts, but only by the barest of margins - I had 255 health left, and would have been toast on the next turn.

Holding on the token at the moment as I champed Quake via HFH offer, and the LT from that gave me the final X23 cover I needed (with 2 on the vine) so she is champed too and I now have no ISO
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Took 3 tries with a champed punisher. Boards were absolutely awful the first two goes.

LT gave me a JJ champ level. Third 5* today in 7 pulls.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really close fight for my 188 3/5/3 Big Pun. She managed to go black into yellow twice on me. I was down to 410 health when I finally managed to take her out with a blue-green-black triple play.

My reward was a red LumberCap - my first red for him. Not bad!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished it with my level 152 3/4/3 Punisher with about 1300 health remaining, no boosts.

I got my green off once, and blue a few times.  I finished off with a double cast of my black one turn before Captain Marvel would have cast Executive Decision and finished me off.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    3/5/1 levelled up to 192 after one try in the 120's failed spectacularly. It was still difficult as green was in short supply and had to play defensively trying to deny her yellow. I got lucky with some black AP and her matching her own tile away. Eventually had enough to fire off a couple Army of One for the win.

Purple MeHulk, to about 3/15/3, I lost track of how many purple I've sold.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    5/2/5 lvl 200 got it on the first try with some luck. C4rol fired her black/yellow combo once but I was able fire 2 blues and a black to blow her off the map with about 1.5k health remaining.

LT was a yellow MEHulk bringing me one away from max.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/1 168 PunMax, I went ahead and brought in boosts for black, green and blue for 4AP each. Lots of black on the board, so she got a Photonic Barrage / Executive Decision combo off early to nearly kill me, but I built up enough for a Weapons Expertise and 2 Punish to finish things off fast.

I'm saving up Iso for my 14th Prof X cover, so token to the (tiny) hoard!
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
      This was my first fight with Punisher against C4rol and for those of you who are new to this one, C4rol is completely nerfed in this fight.  Regular level 270 C4rol would have downed me in five moves but fortunately her nerf made this one a fight I thought I could get lucky and win.  I played round one thinking that I needed to stay away from matching black and of course plenty of black on the board and she took me down in no time.  Since I noticed that her AP gain and damage is way down and her black power is severely less damaging I went in with +2 green/black 100% match and 125% critical multiplier with my 2/3/1 level 130 punisher.  Her first black power was fortunately matched away by her and I got a lot of cascades that allowed me to fire powers to let me get some strike tiles that were fortunately out of her reach.  The key here was I kept denying her yellow so she could not fortify her strike tiles.  The cascades and match five I got were able to let me fire several blues, greens and at least 1 black which was enough to take her down.  This is doable but difficult even with a lower level Punisher because of C4rol's severe damage dampening.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Easy peasy for my lv 283 5/3/5 PunMax.  I didn't even bother trying to play defense, I just had to wait forever because they were not very generous with me getting the requisite AP.  Once I did I put her down for good.

LT gave me a 4th black JJ cover bringing her to 0/4/4
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/3/2 Lvl 147 Punisher managed it second time, was very close as she had her Photonic Barrage countdown out due to expire next go which would have downed me but I was able to fire blue then black and finish her before her go. Phew!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed MaxPun.

This was kind of annoying because every time I matched black, Carol damaged me with her passive and gained black AP. (I admit to a bit of user error, here. I should have known better.) Poor Punisher wasn't going to last very long after Carol created her countdown and then fired her yellow to hit me for big damage.

Luckily MaxPun isn't a one-trick pony. His blue and green powers did the trick in the end.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I have a 2/0/0 Punisher Max, one of my last few truly unusable 4*s. Not going to make it through this crash lol.