Can the Dark Avengers storyline please get to its "final issue"?

Heartbreaksoup
Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
I realize this won't be a particularly popular suggestion, since absolutely nobody is clamoring for more Dark Avengers PvEs.  But while we're waiting for PvEs themed around other characters and environments (Netflix's the Defenders!  Sinister Six! Masters of Evil!  Hydra!  Heck, I'll even take Dr. Bong and the Headmen!), it would be nice to actually have the Dark Reign storyline actually wrap up, and Tony get his building back, and Nick get his job back.

I looked up Dark Reign on Wikipedia, and it appears this storyline ended in the comics about nine years ago.  When the story is still being used, poorly, to be jerry-rigged into a Wakanda-themed event, it seems like the concept is running on fumes.  So while we'll no doubt be replaying the finale forever more, and complaining about it returning to rotation every other month like we complain about everything that isn't Webbed Wonder, I'd like to suggest that we enjoy some closure so we can start fighting Paste-Pot Pete or the Melter or something and somebody different in the future.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Venom Bomb was supposed to be the end of the Dark Reign storyline, at least the dialogue points in that direction.