App restarting after switching

Options
ArielSira
ArielSira Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
While I was playing a match in the Hour event I got a snap that I wanted to listen to. After checking it and replying, I switched back to this app but it had restarted; bye 7 points. Is this an issue with the app or some kind of energy setting on the phone? It happened quite some times before but the restarting seems to happen very randomly.

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a memory problem on the phone. It happens with both iOS and Android and in different apps, but to different degrees.
    Most other games use less memory and this happens less often but it still happens.

On iOS my personal experience is that if I switch out to answer a call I'm usually fine, if the phone goes black from  time out I can get back in if I use the "double-click" and select running app thing, but if I slide to the side and click on the "suggested apps" that menu screen uses too much memory and the app will reload.
    With texts if the person has sent me lots of photos then the memory usage from that will make it reload but if it's just text ti usually won't.

Once you are aware of what is going on you can start to predict when you'll be able to get back in and not. If you can help it, though, don't leave partway through a game, it's always a risk.

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It had actually been a while so I got overconfident with switching apps. Thanks for your reply Kinesia.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No problem, I'm hoping they are able to make it slightly better while they are looking at memory usage and battery  life.