Vaults

Options
Persephone
Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler

First, let me preface this by saying I don’t know if this has been suggested before.  I did a quick search and I couldn’t find it.  From what I read I feel like it has been alluded to somewhat in the forums, though.  

Second, I honestly have no idea how much work it would be to do what I suggest.  I am not a programmer. 

I would like to change the Latest Legends and Classic Legends vaults.  I have no problems with the Standard, Elite, and Heroic vaults.

If the Latest Legends and Classic Legends vaults were split into three groups, I think both the players and D3 wins.   

The first vault I propose would be for four-stars only and costs 20 CP.  This vault could hold the older four stars. 

The second vault would be both four stars and five stars and costs 25 CP, which is similar to LL and CL.   However, this could hold the newer four stars and the older five stars.

The third vault would be only for five stars only and costs 30 CP.   This vault could hold the newer five stars. 

This way, those who are only after a certain star-level can focus their attention on one type of vault and it helps those who are looking for both to use only one vault.   It still does not guarantee you will get the cover and/or color that you want.  

Comments

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It's a good start, but you will never see a vault/pack that only contains 5* covers at a 30cp price point.  200cp?  Maybe.  Probably closer to 300.  But 30?  That doesn't fit with the current economy.

Consider that to buy a specific character and color at the 5* level is 720cp (via the Roster menu).  The heroes for hire gets you a specific character (but they choose the color) at 500cp for latest and 250cp for classic. 
    I would bet that a token to get a guaranteed random 5* would be in the 300-350cp range (150-175cp if it's only classic).

//edited to reflect differences in HfH costs based on @TPF Alexis  response

• Persephone
    Options
    I am only at the 4* transition period and not currently interested in getting 5* covers, so I haven't been paying attention to how much 5* costs in the Roster menu.  Thanks for the info, though.  Helpful for future reference.

Now when I do get a 5* cover out of LL or CL, I convert it to 2000 ISO after spending 20/25 CP.  Annoying but helps to level up my 4* when I do get a 4* cover I like.  I am tired of getting 5* when I am not ready for them.  I really wish there was  vault with only 4* because that is my focus right now.  I can't help but think there may be others in similar position as me.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    It's a good start, but you will never see a vault/pack that only contains 5* covers at a 30cp price point.  200cp?  Maybe.  Probably closer to 300.  But 30?  That doesn't fit with the current economy.

Consider that to buy a specific character and color at the 5* level is 720cp (via the Roster menu).  The heroes for hire gets you a specific character (but they choose the color) at 500cp. 
    I would bet that a token to get a guaranteed random 5* would be in the 300-350cp range.

HfH is only 250CP for a Classic 5*. 500 CP is just for Latest.

30CP is still way too low for a 5* draw, but I'd guess it would be more like 100-150CP for a random Classic.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    abmoraz said:

Consider that to buy a specific character and color at the 5* level is 720cp (via the Roster menu).  The heroes for hire gets you a specific character (but they choose the color) at 500cp. 
    I would bet that a token to get a guaranteed random 5* would be in the 300-350cp range.

HfH is only 250CP for a Classic 5*. 500 CP is just for Latest.

30CP is still way too low for a 5* draw, but I'd guess it would be more like 100-150CP for a random Classic.
    Good catch.  I'll edit my initial response to reflect that.  i just went into the HfH store and looked at the current cost.  Didn't make the connection that it would be different based on which 5* character it would be.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Try not to sell your ‘unwanted’ 5*.. you’ll regret it later for sure...
  • Persephone
    Options
    Somewhere on the forum I read several months ago to focus on transitioning from 2* to 3* to 4* to 5*.  Thank you to whoever said that because it helped my game-play tremendously.  

I only have half of the 4* and none of them anywhere near champed.  I don't have the HP to roster 5*, yet.  They would die on the vine before I could have the HP to roster them.  So, I turn them into Iso and use it to level the 4*.  I'm in the game for the long haul, so I know I will get (eventually) the 5* cover to come back around to me when I am ready.  

I may not regret it now, but I may in the future.  Right now, I feel the need to only focus on 4*.    
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you don't have the HP to roster new character, perhaps you should save your CP until you can afford a new roster spot, then open until you get a cover for a new character. With the way the Classic pool dilutes, the chance of getting a cover for a specific character is only 1 in 300 right now and it will keep getting worse. It's all but impossible to get the covers for the Classic fivestars (best way is through fourstar feeders for those who have them), and they will be needed to unlock the fivestar node in PvE from time to time.
    I get that you are not in a rush to get them rostered, but you may be better served slowing down the cover aquisition a bit until you can actually roster them. The fivestar covers should be useful pulls, not a dud prize.
  • Persephone
    Options
    Actually, I have hoarded CP until I had the HP to roster.  After pulling three different 5* in a row, I gave up.  That was when I began to desire a separate 4* vault from 5*. 
    Gotta love RNG.