Jessica Jones trap tiles

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
I just recently got JJ to 3/1/1 and haven't used her much before.  I am using her with Gambit and Thor and haven't been able to see any of my trap tiles.  Is that normal?  When I was playing against JJ during her superbuff, I saw her trap tiles so that I could match them away.  Is that how it works?  If so its contrary to all other trap tiles where you can see yours, but the opponent can't see yours.  Anyone insight on this would be helpful.  Thanks.

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Working as intended.  That's why there's the secondary part to her trap power that says that if the player has x amount of blue the traps flash on the screen so you know what to match.  It would make it too easy on you if you could see her tiles.  
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    You can't see her trap tiles. They are displayed for the other team since they are their secrets - not Jessica's. The ability description also says that they are enemy trap tiles. If you get the appropriate amount of blue AP, however, you will begin to see a quick sneak peak of where they are prior to each turn. 
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Technically they are "enemy" trap tiles.  They will always be in one of her three colors so you can always guess where they might be.  Additionally, they way the power works is that when you have enough blue AP (depending on covers I think) then at the start of your turn it will briefly show where the traps are before disappearing again. So you have to watch for them and remember.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    The only way to see the Trap tiles is to get whatever amount of Blue AP your Blue power says to. It only shows up for a couple of seconds at the beginning of every turn though. My Jessica has 1 Blue cover as well, so I can only see them when I get 9 Blue AP. Should be the same for you.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Thanks guys, that helps tremendously.  Although I am unable to see those traps even when I meet the blue ap limit.  But that's not a big deal.  Thanks.

Edit:  I paid better attention, and I finally saw the trap tiles with blue ap limit met.  It got hidden with thor's board shake if I wasn't paying close attention.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have enough AP the traps flash very briefly when your turn starts.  The traps don't stay visible for the while turn.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 said:
    Thanks guys, that helps tremendously.  Although I am unable to see those traps even when I meet the blue ap limit.  But that's not a big deal.  Thanks.

Edit:  I paid better attention, and I finally saw the trap tiles with blue ap limit met.  It got hidden with thor's board shake if I wasn't paying close attention.
    I like JJ, but I kind of hate this mechanic.  I often play while watching TV or Netflix or something and more often than not ill miss that flash at the beginning of every turn.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:

I like JJ, but I kind of hate this mechanic.  I often play while watching TV or Netflix or something and more often than not ill miss that flash at the beginning of every turn.

Exactly. I mostly play while walking the dog.. very long walks.. anyways I don't understand why it only flashes. Why can't it stay on the screen? She's investigating, she needs to hold the camera steady and get ready to take the exposing pics! She's not constantly picking up and dropping the camera
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
     She's investigating, she needs to hold the camera steady and get ready to take the exposing pics! She's not constantly picking up and dropping the camera
    It's the action that's moving, not her camera. Whatever secret they're hiding - the shot isn't going to be there forever. Got to be quick on the shutter when you're a P.I.  B)

(btw - I think this is my new favorite power in the game. Love the animation, the sound effect, the in-game results - all of it.)
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
     She's investigating, she needs to hold the camera steady and get ready to take the exposing pics! She's not constantly picking up and dropping the camera
    It's the action that's moving, not her camera. Whatever secret they're hiding - the shot isn't going to be there forever. Got to be quick on the shutter when you're a P.I.  B)

(btw - I think this is my new favorite power in the game. Love the animation, the sound effect, the in-game results - all of it.)
    ...I turned on animations once to see JJ in action before turning them off forever, but I never even thought about sounds. For obvious reasons. I shall have to try this once now.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like the power more if the power's name didn't flash across the middle two rows of the board, obscuring some of the traps located in that area...
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 said:

Exactly. I mostly play while walking the dog.. very long walks.. anyways I don't understand why it only flashes. Why can't it stay on the screen? She's investigating, she needs to hold the camera steady and get ready to take the exposing pics! She's not constantly picking up and dropping the camera
    So, how would you know what traps are yours and which are opponents when there's a JJ on each side then?
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    BlackBoltRocks said:
    If you can see them throughout the match, it's your traps, created by the enemy Jessica. Vice versa for the traps that briefly flash at the start of your turn
    I'm talking in this hypothetical scenario being presented, where the ones your JJ makes don't just flash at the beginning and are always visible. Presumably, it means that only yours are visible, in which case, they'd have to drop the damage for matching them way down, as there'd be no downside once they're visible all the time.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like the power more if the power's name didn't flash across the middle two rows of the board, obscuring some of the traps located in that area...
    Yeah, thats my main issue as well, this stupid banner that really hinders the visibility of the traps when they flash. That banner needs to be removed ASAP.