Very disappointed

Afallen1
Afallen1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
So for the first time ever I actually saved up some command points(223)  to buy a bunch of classic legends.  With it being listed as 1:7 and 1:20 I was expecting at The very least 2  5-stars. With my 21 purchases I received 1. I was very excited going into it and it was a very disappointing experience that has kind of soured my outlook on the entire game. has anyone else had a similar experience?  

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,794 Chairperson of the Boards
    0 from 70 something classics is my best from a long time ago before the current latest and classics. I haven’t pulled classics in well over a year though. My hoard break was terrible too I barely got any 5 stars in my first 100 pulls and at 270 pulls looked like I was not going to get close to covering anyone, then they rained down.

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Gone 46 straight with no 5.  Gotten 3 5s in a row.  RNG gonna RNG.  keeps it exciting.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The next time you open 20 pulls you'll probably get three 5-stars. That's RNG.
  • Afallen1
    I would still like it if there was a pity timer like I'm a lot(most?) other collectible games. I like knowing my worst case scenario. I get that there's gotta be RNG but I also want to be rewarded for playing. 
  • craig88
    craig88 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    Didn't someone just go 34/372 just a couple days ago?
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't pulled classics yet. (Like. Ever.) But I had a streak of 0/60 for LL , yet my average for every 300 pulls is just about 15. So I guess it's only numbers. It evens out
  • Afallen1
    Holy ****  basepuzzler I don't know how I did math that poorly 🙃  While my opinion on needing a pity timer stands and 34/372 is horrible and needs to be corrected by the developer. In my case the odds were correct and I just can't maths. 
  • Afallen1
    Next time 420 points. We'll see how it goes! 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    I'll trade you luck, guy. It seems like ALL I ever pull from Classics are 5*, and all I want are to champ my 4* characters. I keep pulling all these bloody 5* covers I don't want! I went 15/60 in my last hoard opening, and it was driving me insane.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you were to observe all the non-event tokens available, some tokens have "~" beside its odds and some don't.

Standard Token
    2*: ~1:8
    3*: 1:43

Elite Token
    3*: 1:4

Heroic Token
    3*: ~1:4
    4*: ~1:14

Latest/Classic Legends
    5*: ~1:7

I did notice that I got more 3* in Elite Tokens compared to Heroic Tokens.

Probably there's a standard deviation of a couple/few % for those odds with "~"?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    For Latest/Classic the rate is 15%, which is not the same as 1/7 but close. Hence the ~.  1/7=14.28%

I’m not sure on the exact percentages on the other tokens.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I've gone over 60 with no 5*s 
    With only 223 command points you are luck you got 1
    It will average out over time on my last run I pulled 117 latest legendary tokens and got 20 5*covers
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    For Elite Tokens, it's 24% for 3*.

For Heroic Token, it's ~71% for 2* ~23% for 3* and ~6% for 4*. 

For specific 5* in Latest Token = 5% (15%/3)
    For specific 5* in Classic Legends = ~ 0.7% (15%/21)
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't pull from classics if your goal is to build 5*s. Pull from latest.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have felt defeated opening tokens for the past 3years that my expectations are always low.. if I get some gold/purple from my tokens, awesome, if not, no surprise. As long as every cover is useable I am happy even if it isn't exactly what I want/need.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I’ve gone over a hundred pulls sans purple.  RNG giveth, RNG taketh.