Repeater timer modification powers - where are they and do we need them?

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
We have a number of characters in the game now who can manipulate countdown timers, do we have enough repeater tile creators in the game now that it makes sense to have a character who could mess with repeaters? Do we need more tile lockers? Just curious how the group feels about that.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think they should have left repeaters as a subclass of countdown. Although I can see the reasoning for nerfing repeating countdown combos -- 1 turn repeaters like 3* Blade/Torch were hugely strong with Carol, Coulson, or etc.--but I think they should still work with powers that increase or decrease countdowns.

Fixing that didn't require a whole new class of tile, just a clarification that repeating CDs don't "expire"/"reach 0", therefore don't trigger that kind of effect.

Thor & GR 5 use repeaters. BP and GR 4 use repeaters. Some 3's do (Blade, Punisher, Torch).
    I don't think they're interesting enough, or prevalent enough, to build new mechanics around. Honestly it still seems more like a band-aid than a well-considered design decision. Demi gonna Demi.

However they keep adding 'em and they're generally pretty strong abilities, so I suppose they could flesh them out more. Make a power that speeds them up, or punishes enemy repeaters in some way. A super-speeder that triggers all repeaters twice in a row. Dunno.

They're still so similar to countdowns, I am left thinking "What's the point again?" Just more rules overhead.