S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Black Widow

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
So this will be the first new release that came from a PVE/PVP event now that a bug was fixed. I would think we will see less 7000 scores now.  

As before, please post your LB scores you can see

Comments

• The rockett
    I am sitting in 1st place with 6000.  

6000-3
    5000-9
    4800-1
    4000-4

That’s my top 20. 
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    7k - 1
    6k - 9 (including me)
    5k - 10 (far as I can see)
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    What bug?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    madoctor said:
    What bug?
    Can’t say it specifically but it has been fixed so the number of people getting to 10+ covers should be down.

As for my bracket 
    2 @ 7k (both known whales)
    5 @ 6k
    Lots and lots of 5k
  • The rockett
    madoctor said:
    What bug?
    You know I can’t say what it was. I will be put into jail for it. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    1 at 7000
    2-11 at 6000
    12-30 (at least - that's as far as I can see) at 5000 (including me)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    This reads like there was a bug that lead to people getting extra covers through SHIELD Training. If that's the case, and it was exploited, the covers should be removed.
  • LifeofAgony
    This reads like there was a bug that lead to people getting extra covers through SHIELD Training. If that's the case, and it was exploited, the covers should be removed.
    Not exactly and lolz at people being punished for utilizing an exploit.
  • mega ghost
    Not exactly and lolz at people being punished for utilizing an exploit.
    1) I'm speaking completely hypothetically here as I don't know what the actual exploit was.

2) I didn't mean all of the covers, just the additional covers past the intended single rewarded cover. That wouldn't be a punishment, it would be a correction.

3) This is also different than when they erroneously had increased odds for pulling a 5* cover in the limited store. In that case, you were still spending your resources and simply had better odds to get the included 5* characters. People may have enjoyed the benefit of that mistake simply by making purchases they were already planning on. If this exploit was, for example, the ability to get extra covers simply by replaying the node, that was at no cost to the player besides a few minutes of their time and would have been actively and intentionally exploited due to the spread of information on LINE.

As far as I'm concerned, players deserve everything they can get from this game as it's overly frugal with its resources and attaches exorbitant real-world prices to them. The only reason I take this standpoint here is because:

a) There are people who have worked hard and spent way too much money getting these covers at an advanced rate. This exploit undermines that.
    b) The Web of Spies PvP is still underway, and if there is an influx of players with fully-covered and potentially even champed 4* Black Widows due to an exploit then it gives them an unearned advantage. I'm not playing for placement but if I was and this exploit resulted in worse placement for me I'd be pretty upset. This is especially contentious in a season where the 1st place season reward is an Infinity Stone support.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    The bug had nothing to do with Shield Training.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    1 - 10 = 6000
    11 - 26 = 5000
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    1-10 = 6000
    11-20 = 5000
  • mega ghost
    edited May 2018
    maltyo9 said:
    As I noted above, I don't know what the bug was and that was just one hypothetical situation (given that the thread was named "S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Black Widow") and:

madoctor said:
    What bug?
    Can’t say it specifically but it has been fixed so the number of people getting to 10+ covers should be down.
    From what I can tell based on these comments and others, the bug allowed people to get more covers than they should have.

• LifeofAgony
    maltyo9 said:
    As I noted above, I don't know what the bug was and that was just one hypothetical situation (given that the thread was named "S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Black Widow") and:

madoctor said:
    What bug?
    From what I can tell based on these comments and others, the bug allowed people to get more covers than they should have.

Yes.  It was another trick that very specific conditions and things that had to be knowingly done were utilized (you’d have to be very lucky to accidentally stumble upon it and even realize what you had done).  Once figured it, it became a common practice for many.  As usual, those who committed the violation and the ill-gotten gains are all safely intact.
  • mega ghost
    maltyo9 said:

madoctor said:
    What bug?

Yes.  It was another trick that very specific conditions and things that had to be knowingly done were utilized (you’d have to be very lucky to accidentally stumble upon it and even realize what you had done).  Once figured it, it became a common practice for many.  As usual, those who committed the violation and the ill-gotten gains are all safely intact.
    As a man with a beer in his hand, I wish you and your ill-gotten gains nothing but happiness.

But if I were still a regularly-paying player, if this situation were not addressed (fairly and with a light touch, not Draconianly) I'd immediately never spend another cent on the game.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    1-3 7000
    4-15 6000
    16-? 5000

Think this is the first time I reached 6000 in one of these events, thanks to a lot of hp and a top 5 finish in Spidey pvp
  • The rockett
    maltyo9 said:

madoctor said:
    What bug?

As a man with a beer in his hand, I wish you and your ill-gotten gains nothing but happiness.

But if I were still a regularly-paying player, if this situation were not addressed (fairly and with a light touch, not Draconianly) I'd immediately never spend another cent on the game.
    You would have to PM me on Line so I could explain.  I do not want to derail this thread but there were 2 MAJOR ....um..... things that still were never addressed.  I have been warned in the past I have to be very very very very careful on the language I use here to say what happened.  So.....find me on Line and I will lay it out for you. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

7K: None

6K: 6

5K: 9, including me.

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Annoyingly my 0/3/4 Widow can now be raised to lvl168 - precisely one level below the threshold for the fourth node along the bottom of her Shield Training. On the bright side, she's rubbish and I'd probably never use her outside of required nodes, so I guess I'm just saving 50k of iso (for now) for the cost of 1cp.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    7000 - only 1
    6000 - 2-12
    5000 - 13-49+  (I'm at 40)