Champing Bl4de vs... A lot of other folks

Options
Manggy
Manggy Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
(first post!) I have a Bl4de waiting on the vine but my current Bl4de is 5/5/1. Of course the waiting cover is the wrong color. I don't have a ton of resources, but I have 220K ISO and 520 CP. Do I spend 240 CP to get him fully covered, champ, and claim my bonus LT (I wish I were "post-ISO"... But alas, I am not.) - or -

Champ any one of my other fully covered 4* heroes and keep my CP for a rainy day?
1. Kate Bishop
2. Wasp
3. Agent Venom
4. Moon Knight (I have him on my mind as he's boosted, to give me a better chance at the Black Widow vs. event but I think that window is passing and I don't even have enough ISO to champ him before the event is over)
5. Nightcrawler
6. Devil Dinosaur (no, seriously)

- or - spend 120 CP to fully cover then champ one of these 12/13 heroes:
1. Luke C4ge
2. Bucky
3. Howard the Duck (no, seriously)

- or - spend 240 CP to fully cover then champ one of these 11/13 heroes:
1. Mr. Fantastic
2. Shuri (actually, good as Shuri is, I doubt anyone will recommend this as she's still a latest 4* and I'm likely to run into a ton of her covers in the near future)

Kinda impressed by how far I got my 4* roster! Most of the older ones not listed here are already champed. So if any of these guys are the centerpiece of a winning Shield team (C4rol, Bl4de, Medusa? Wasp with some other people?) then I guess that gives them priority.. Thanks!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Manggy said:
    I have a Bl4de waiting on the vine but my current Bl4de is 5/5/1. Of course the waiting cover is the wrong color. I don't have a ton of resources, but I have 220K ISO and 520 CP. Do I spend 240 CP to get him fully covered, champ, and claim my bonus LT 
    Basically you're suggesting the possibility of 9 Latest Legends pulls or 12 Classic Legends pull to get one LT and save one cover on your vine. Do the math. 

Manggy said:
     - or - Champ any one of my other fully covered 4* heroes and keep my CP for a rainy day?
    1. Kate Bishop
    2. Wasp
    3. Agent Venom
    4. Moon Knight
    I'd champ one of these, first. They're ready and all very good.

Manggy said:
    - or - spend 120 CP to fully cover then champ one of these 12/13 heroes:
    1. Luke C4ge
    2. Bucky
    3. Howard the Duck (no, seriously)
    No. Cage is good, but not that good. I consider Winter Soldier to be one of the top 5 worst 4-stars. Howard is nothing but a trophy and is not going to help you in any way.

Manggy said:
    - or - spend 240 CP to fully cover then champ one of these 11/13 heroes:
    1. Mr. Fantastic
    2. Shuri
    Definitely not.

If wasted dupe covers are an issue, and they often are for players transitioning to the 4-star tier, I would suggest hoarding your LTs and CPs until you have enough ISO in the bank to champ at least one 4-star before using them. Let some of your 4-stars grow organically from 3-star champ rewards and PvE progression rewards. Hang onto your HP for HfH deals - the game is good at offering you colors you need. 
  • Manggy
    Manggy Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks. Actually, he came from a Heroic token, so that was a bit of a surprise. The unspecified variable in that equation is the opportunity cost of not having a champed Bl4de on board. He's pretty tough (but not impossible, obviously) to fight against, but your approach is telling me indirectly that he's not the absolute must-have on the roster just yet, at least not compared to 4 of my other already fully covered heroes. I just figured now is the 3rd best time to champ him (the 1st and 2nd when he has 13/13 and 12/13 covers, respectively, naturally), but you make a good point. Thanks for the advice.