Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) able to stun Black Widow (infinity War) while she is invisible [Solved

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
i've been able to reproduce this twice in a match in the Black Widow pvp using the loaner widow, vulture, and g4mora. If natasha is invisble on the opposing team, you can't target her directly with a stun, as you'd expect. But if the secondary stun falls on that invisible natasha, the stun will over-ride the invisibility effect for a turn. When the stun wears off, she goes back to being invisible. I suspect it's because that is a group stun that acts like an AoE power would in regards to invisibility as a status. Is that a bug, or intended? Does it happen to other invisible characters I just haven't noticed?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Powers that target "random" opponents or allies can hit invisible characters with their effects, same as AOE. Status conditions override eachother (as long as they connect), so Gamora's stun overrides invisibility for one turn, then it wears off as normal and Nat becomes invisible again (as long as nobody's destroyed her invisibility tiles in the interim).

I'm fairly sure I remember someone raising this question in regards to Miles and Howard's invisibility effects too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Right on. G4mora for the win I guess. 
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Right on. G4mora for the win I guess. 
    Ugh, it was the only thing that kept me from going crazy in those fights. I hatehatehate tinykitty invisibility! Once I figured that trick out, I waited until I had enough blue saved up to fire multiple times, stunned her for a turn and then immediately pounced on her with a targeted stun to stretch the time she was vulnerable.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I tend to lean on characters with AoE attacks these days, so it doesn't affect me much. Vulture usually takes care of it either through his green hitting them anyway or his blue clearing out the riffraf tiles.