Great work on Black Widow, guys. *distribution*

NicholasHewitt
NicholasHewitt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
Top 100/200 - 4*BW Yellow
Alliance placement - 4*BW Yellow
PVP progression - 4*BW Yellow
PVE progression - 4*BW Yellow

I got lucky enough to get a purple from Shield Training, but there’s very likely going to be a lot of 0/0/5 Black Widows by the end of the week.

I know the usual story of “they try and saturate us with one colour” (I saw a discussion on Line this weekend with regards to 4* BP Red), but this is pretty outrageous.

Comments

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Actually, it's purple, so top 100 plus prog should land you on 1/1/3. RNG can be very streaky unfortunately. I had that crazy red BP streak too, I ended up hoarding and BH'ing him to champ and avoid more waste.

Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Black Widow (Infinity War) - Purple
    3-Star: Wolverine (Patch) - Yellow, Green, Red
    2-Star: Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - Red, Black
    1-Star: Iron Man (Model 35) - Blue
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I got black from Shield Training, yellow from Strange Sights and will be getting purple from Thick as Thieves. So.. worked for me. 

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    One, PVE Progression is purple.

Two, this is the same release distribution we've had for years.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Mine will be 3/3/3 from all earnable sources when all said and done which is how is ideal, but the cover from shield training so I could’ve been 422 or some variant which is still okay.  The new release distribution has been identical for who knows how long now so unless you’re having luck on token pulls, your information may be a little off.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Let's look at facts that can be verified by all players:

Based on SCL 9, this is the maximum number of covers you can get from each event:

1) Spidey PvP: 2 black + 1 purple (placement)
    2) BW PvP: 1 yellow (progression)
    3) Strange Sight PvE Placement: 2 Black + 1 purple + 1 yellow
    4) Strange Sight PvE Alliance Placement: 1 Yellow
    5) Thick as Thieves PvE: 1 Purple (progression)
    6) Shield Training: 1 random colour cover
    7) Black Widow and Friends Vault: 1 random colour (?)
    8) Next season(?) Shield Simulator: 1 black (likely)(progression)

The maximum number of each colour cover one can get is:
    1) Black: 4 + 1 
    2) Purple: 3
    3) Yellow: 3
    4) Random: 2
    Total = 13

A top player can get Black Widow covered to 12 + 1 (luck or vault purchase), unless those 2 random covers give that player 7/3/3. It's normal that as you placed lower, the number of covers you got is fewer. The reward structure is meant to reward dedicated and/or top players and has been this way for years. If you decide to be selective and choose facts that support only your biaseness, you will think that the support distribution is unfair. Facts proved otherwise.

• NicholasHewitt
    NicholasHewitt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Disregard me, I’m a moron!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I vaguely recall Valkyrie's red cover being pretty hard to get, at least I didn't end up with any in my initial setup. I seem to have gotten a pretty nice spread for Widow even with suboptimal PvE performance, but I suppose that's just subjective experience.

I will Point out though that this season will likely have two fourstar releases, so next season's SHIELD Simulator will probably have Okoye as a progression reward instead of Widow.

• HoundofShadow
    I'm not saying that Nick is not dedicated. Let me rephrase: 

The reward structure is meant to reward dedicated and/or top players and has been this way for years. Dedication could have different meanings depending on your point of view. It could be either time or money spent. The one big obstacle in front of every player is RNG. If RNG is unkind to you, you might not get the best or required characters to help you with your placement, even if you've spent a lot of time or money on this game.  Thus, it might affect how fast you can progress. 

I was referring to the maximum number of covers one can get in the game and I was focusing on top 1 because it would be tedious to do it for other ranks. I saw the placement rewards for top 1 as previous rank covers plus one extra Black Widow cover. I assume that the extra cover is black. Maybe the top 1 can clarify? If it's not black, then i will add the other extra one cover to random. An updated version if the maximum number of each colour cover of BW one can get is:

1) Black: 3 
    4) Random: 3
    Total = 12
  • Quebbster
    I'm not saying that Nick is not dedicated. Let me rephrase: 

The reward structure is meant to reward dedicated and/or top players and has been this way for years. Dedication could have different meanings depending on your point of view. It could be either time or money spent. The one big obstacle in front of every player is RNG. If RNG is unkind to you, you might not get the best or required characters to help you with your placement, even if you've spent a lot of time or money on this game.  Thus, it might affect how fast you can progress. 

I was referring to the maximum number of covers one can get in the game and I was focusing on top 1 because it would be tedious to do it for other ranks. I saw the placement rewards for top 1 as previous rank covers plus one extra Black Widow cover. I assume that the extra cover is black. Maybe the top 1 can clarify? If it's not black, then i will add the other extra one cover to random. An updated version if the maximum number of each colour cover of BW one can get is:

1) Black: 3 
    4) Random: 3
    Total = 12

Ratio of players who will get the maximum number of covers from PvE: 2 in 1000, or 0,2%. (rank 1-2 in SCL 9, I am unsure if lower SCLs hand out 4 covers too...)

Ratio of players who get the maximum number of covers from PvP: 5 in 500, or 1% (in both SCL 8 and 9, you also get it for 1st Place in SCL 7)

Overlap between the two Groups: Very small. I got more covers from PvP than from PvE this time around. Well, same amount if you Count the Alliance reward cover. Still, I most certainly did not get 4 covers from PvE.

It's not like it's a problem in any way though since Widow will be in tokens eventually and everyone will have a chance to get more covers for her, and she won't really matter anyway until next time she's essential in PvE...

• CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    Maybe the top 1 can clarify? 
    I’ve won cl9 before. I know what I’m talking about.
    Likewise.  I can recall the disappointment of still only getting 2 covers and the realisation that I'd done risky and unnecessary extra hops for a net gain of 1000iso and 1cp.

Maybe there's some confusion between PvP and PVE where the top 2 in release events DO get a 4th cover.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:

I vaguely recall Valkyrie's red cover being pretty hard to get, at least I didn't end up with any in my initial setup. I seem to have gotten a pretty nice spread for Widow even with suboptimal PvE performance, but I suppose that's just subjective experience.

I will Point out though that this season will likely have two fourstar releases, so next season's SHIELD Simulator will probably have Okoye as a progression reward instead of Widow.

That's funny, I actually had the complete reverse of this lol. I think my Valkyrie was something like 2/2/3 after the release and when all is said and done with Widow I think I'll be at 0/2/4. With Jubilee I finished her release events at 2/2/2 so it seems that an even spread is really random overall (I'm a T50 SOMETIMES T20 player for PVE and a T25 or T50 player for PVP)
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Let's look at facts that can be verified by all players:

Based on SCL 9, this is the maximum number of covers you can get from each event:

1) Spidey PvP: 2 black + 1 purple (placement)
    2) BW PvP: 1 yellow (progression)
    3) Strange Sight PvE Placement: 2 Black + 1 purple + 1 yellow
    4) Strange Sight PvE Alliance Placement: 1 Yellow
    5) Thick as Thieves PvE: 1 Purple (progression)
    6) Shield Training: 1 random colour cover
    7) Black Widow and Friends Vault: 1 random colour (?)
    8) Next season(?) Shield Simulator: 1 black (likely)(progression)

The maximum number of each colour cover one can get is:
    1) Black: 4 + 1 
    4) Random: 2
    Total = 13

Wouldn't next season SHIELD Simulator be Okoye because she will be more recent (assuming she is still the planned next release and a 4*)? When Black Panther and Shuri released in the same season in Feb, Simulator had Shuri.

EDIT: Oops, missed Quebbster's note on this point.
  • Quebbster
    Huntah86 said:
    Quebbster said:

That's funny, I actually had the complete reverse of this lol. I think my Valkyrie was something like 2/2/3 after the release and when all is said and done with Widow I think I'll be at 0/2/4. With Jubilee I finished her release events at 2/2/2 so it seems that an even spread is really random overall (I'm a T50 SOMETIMES T20 player for PVE and a T25 or T50 player for PVP)

I suppose it depends a bit on where you end up. I had a subpar PvE performance this time and only got top 100, but did manage to snag two PvP covers. Also got a black from SHIELD training. Don't really remember how Valkyrie's event ended, but I do recall others mentioning missing red too...
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    The quicker you get 5 yellow for widow, the quicker you can pair her with 5* Gambit to reduce his red to 4ap to cast. Maybe even lower if you can get 4Lord in the mix?
  • HoundofShadow
    I noticed that they are pretty generous with new 4* covers in PvE and likely PvP as well. We've to wait till next week when (4*?) Okoye is out, which means Fight for Wakanda could be back again? B)