Game doesnt start anymore (steam) [AGAIN]

pony mad
pony mad Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
Ok, so this is what happened:

Tonight i decided to finish my DeadpooldailyQs and while doing it (im playing in fullscreen), i minimized the game to handle some browsergamestuff, which i use to do at the same time every day.
After maximizing into MPQ again, the whole game was flickering as hell, changing between windowmode and fullscreen 10times/second.  nothing possible bust alt+F4.  Restarted the game, it starts in window mode, but it works.
This happened 3 times in a row, but now, 4th time, the game just gives me a windows message "MPQ is not working anymore" and closes the game whenever i start.
Never happened before, i tried restarting steam or loading the game with "-fullscreen"  as launch option, but nothing changes, it just doesnt start anymore.   Anyone familiar with this issue?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• pony mad
    Maybe i should mention that the game is trying to start in window-mode (i can see the borders before it crashes.
    i remember having a similar issue with some other game a few years back and there was a steam command to start it in a different resolution, but i dont know the command and i dont know if its the same problem because the resolution was never changed,
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

May not be linked, but I was suffering problems with my Steam account a couple of days ago.  MPQ would not start at all.

It turned out to be because of the graphic drivers.  NVIDIA Experience keeps telling me that I have to install version 397.31, which I already have.  A reinstallation fixed the problem, for now, at least.

• pony mad
    last patch resolved the issue, many thanks, support :)
  • pony mad
    re-edited title.

it worked for 2 days, until yesterday, steam doesnt start the game anymore. what are you doing? T-T
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi Everyone, what operating system versions are you all currently using to run the application?
  • pony mad
    Windows 10 (sadly) :/    i re-installed the latest windows patch and it works again now, not totally sure if it was the patch's fault but it might be. ill keep an eye on it the next days