**** Black Widow (Infinity War) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Black Widow (Infinity War)
4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, Avengers, Team Cap
blacktilepng purpletilepng yellowtilepng

"Natasha Romanoff is one of the world's best spies, first serving as a Russian operative and then as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, but she finds herself on the run once more after the Avengers disband. Will her years of training be enough to protect the world from a cosmic threat?"

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Lights Out - 8 blacktilepng AP
Natasha uses covert weaponry to ensure no one gets past her stunning blows. Black Widow stuns the target for 1 turn(s).
(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if the enemy is Stunned, Black Widow destroys 2 enemy AP in a random color.
  • (Level 2) ...for 1 turn(s) and deals 487 damage.
  • (Level 3) ...and deals 884 damage.
  • (Level 4) ...for 2 turn(s)...destroys 3 enemy AP...
  • (Level 5) ...stuns the target for 3 turn(s) and deals 1461 damage.
Defilade - 7 purpletilepng AP
When things start to look dicey, Black Widow hacks the enemy's surveillance system to keep herself out of sight and the line of fire. Black Widow creates 1 Invisibility tile(s). While Black Widow's Invisibility tile(s) are on the board, this power becomes Enfilade.
  • (Level 2) No change.
  • (Level 3) ...creates 2 Invisibility tile(s).
  • (Level 4) No change.
  • (Level 5) ...creates 4 Invisibility tile(s).
Enfilade - 10 purpletilepng AP
The Black Widow emerges from the shadows and strikes out with her batons, surprising her enemy with a tactical strike. Black Widow destroys her Invisibility tile(s) and destroys 2 enemy special tiles, dealing damage and gaining AP. If there are no Invisibility tiles on the board, this power becomes Defilade.
(Editor's Note: In-game says Defilade Tiles, however I believe it is actually referring to the Invisibility Tiles. I have listed the description as such, and have inquired about this detail with the team.)
  • (Level 2) ...destroys 3 enemy special tiles...
  • (Level 3) No change.
  • (Level 4) ...destroys 4 enemy special tiles...
  • (Level 5) No change.
Brush Pass - 10 yellowtilepng AP
Black Widow passes key intel to her teammate, giving them the upper hand. Black Widow gives a chosen ally a burst of 2002 health and places a 1-turn Countdown tile on the board. While one of these tiles is on the board, ally powers cost 1 less AP to fire.
  • (Level 2) ...a burst of 2765 health...a 2-turn Countdown tile...
  • (Level 3) ...a burst of 3360 health...a 3-turn Countdown tile...ally powers cost 2 less AP...
  • (Level 4) ...a burst of 4713 health...a 4-turn Countdown tile...
  • (Level 5) ...a burst of 7159 health...ally powers cost 3 less AP...
What do you think is Black Widow's best build? Vote down below!

**** Black Widow (Infinity War) **** 17 votes

5/5/3
23%
Punisher5784Player1575gmtoscabarrok 4 votes
5/4/4
5%
Monotone 1 vote
5/3/5
70%
DayvthedarkphoenixatomzedzeddicusPongieLLohmBlackBoltRocksWEBGASSm0keyJ0eCathexisZeroStormDragonE55FartyJoe 12 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
0%

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    She needs a buff already. That purple needs a nuke badly
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I swore up and down that they wouldn't be tiny kitty enough to seriously have a 17 AP move that only does a couple tiles worth of damage.

I now know what it is like to feel so desperately that you're right, but to fail all the same
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    I wonder if she was designed by the same person who designed Kraven? I'd think she must have been with how bad both of them are.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kraven isn’t bad. You simply have no imagination. 

But oh well..... support characters are bad if you have to think I guess. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit said:
    I swore up and down that they wouldn't be tiny kitty enough to seriously have a 17 AP move that only does a couple tiles worth of damage.

I now know what it is like to feel so desperately that you're right, but to fail all the same
    To be fair, if the 4 invis tiles survive it only costs 13 AP... :D

I know she's a support character and all but she indeed feels very underwhelming. Expensive powers too, unless you spend 10 yellow then you got 4 turns and her abilities are slightly cheaper...    not feeling it.

The black passive is very interesting though, provided you bring someone else better at stunning, good AP suppression but its random of course...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kraven isn’t bad. You simply have no imagination. 

But oh well..... support characters are bad if you have to think I guess. 

I decided to try out Kraven and Carnage in Eddie Brock's required nodes and dang... quite effective team. Fun too.

As for Widow, her solo nodes have been going unusually well for me. They take forever to clear, but I can't remember winning them this Quick Before. Probably just luck though.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    (Editor's Note: In-game says Defilade Tiles, however I believe it is actually referring to the Invisibility Tiles. I have listed the description as such, and have inquired about this detail with the team.)
    Based on what I see it doing in the Loaner node, I think that's to specify that she only destroys the friendly Invisibility tiles that were created by Defilade. She definitely does destroy those. I would be curious to see what happens when used with someone else who creates Invisibility tiles, particularly those that are also purple, like Howard or Professor X.

More generally, the only power that really feels worthwhile off the bat is her yellow. Her black, at 3 covers and similar levels, is roughly equivalent to 1* Spidey's blue. That's pretty unimpressive. It does get better at 4-5 covers, but not by enough to feel like a 4* power, even with the Passive.

Defilade would be a perfectly acceptable, if not great, Invisibility power, if she could actually do anything substantial while she was Invisible. Enfilade, other than the fact that it can take out any kind of enemy Special tile, feels about on par with Moonstone's Control Shift. Again, not very impressive for a 4*, particularly since you have to use Defilade first.

Her yellow, as I said, is good, but seems to be bugged right now, since I can't actually use it to heal anyone other than herself, which doubles down on the issue with her purple: She's good at keeping herself alive, but not at actually doing anything significant to the enemy.

I try to be optimistic about new characters, but I'm really having trouble coming up with a reason to use her other than when she's Required.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    5/3/5 because you're using her with Gambit.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    I get the disappointment on her lack of damage ability.
    But, once you play her yellow (and this should be a priority), her 3-turn black stun will cost only 5 AP. Then, the enemy team will lose up to 3 AP per turn for 3 turns, unavoidably - unless they stun or down your BW. 
    Oh and by the way, she will make Gambit's A&8's cost 4 red AP.   Just 4. You will have about 24 red at this point.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did realize one more positive thing about her purple: Even firing it just once is a nice combo with Patch's green because it can block off a lot of purple tiles, and if you somehow have the purple to double-fire it after his green, it negates the drawback completely, or close to it.
  • Rick_OShay
    I did realize one more positive thing about her purple: Even firing it just once is a nice combo with Patch's green because it can block off a lot of purple tiles, and if you somehow have the purple to double-fire it after his green, it negates the drawback completely, or close to it.
    Yep! And be sure to fire Brush Pass before it all if you can to save AP costs. 
    As others have mentioned, the purple invisibility tiles also may help G4mora's Deadliest Woman instant-down since more purple tiles will be friendly specials.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I'm really not impressed with her.  Even in the loader node in her PvE, she's not been great.  In the Shield Training node, it took multiple times for me to get past the "Here's your LVL 270 Widow!" node vs PunMax, Beast and Daken.  The time I finally did it was down to an Invisible Widow vs a Healing Daken.  Without team ups, I would probably *still* be playing that one.  Daken was healing up 600 health a turn, and I wasn't doing anywhere near that amount of damage unless I got a match-5.

Edit - Oh, and how do you get past Mockingbird with a 0/1/2 Widow without team-ups?  Mockingbird fires her red, and it's game over if you can't drop her two fortified red tiles in two turns.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    And use your TUPs for goodness sakes
  • Rick_OShay
    And... be invisible. The bombshell then turns out to be a dud.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Edit - Oh, and how do you get past Mockingbird with a 0/1/2 Widow without team-ups?  Mockingbird fires her red, and it's game over if you can't drop her two fortified red tiles in two turns.
    Go invisible, and chip away with match damage. That's what people with 1/0/0 Invisible Woman, 0/1/0 Prof X, 1/0/0 Miles, and 0/0/1 Howard do in DDQ.
    I've tried several times, but I've been able to get enough purple to do it before Mockingbird gets her red once.  Naturally, guess what got matched away the very next turn.  :(  I tried with AP boosts, and she started the game off with a match-5 (red) followed by a match-4 (purple).

*Later that day*

Apparently, the match damage boosts is what I should be using.  +100% Black Widow Power, +2 All AP and +2 Purple did the trick.  I still never got enough purple to get the Invisiblity, even with a +4 start...Mockingbird just kept matching yellow this time, ending the match with 15 yellow.  Had it been either of her active powers, I would still have been toast.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    And... be invisible. The bombshell then turns out to be a dud.
    The match took soooooo long, Bobbi got off 5 bombshells on me, thankfully I was invisible for each... 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    I think she is super good, especially with characters that can stun.

Great support character, really good with some 5's
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Enfilade really should be a nuke or something better than just destroying 4 enemy special tiles and collect AP. Maybe destroy 4 enemy special tiles and some tiles around each of them (maybe 2 x 2 or 2 x 3 tiles like GSBW's Red around 1 - 4 covers), gaining AP for the destroyed tiles. The damage might also be better if it's base damage + tile damage.

Also, the power description says it destroys her own invisible tiles. Can anyone confirm that these invisible tiles she destroy also generate purple AP as well?
  • Rick_OShay
    They do, destroy the purple invisibility tiles and earn the AP
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I've been having a lot of fun with her in the Icebreaker PvP. Brush Pass is a very nice support Power, it really puts Iceman into overdrive (as if regular speed wasn't bad enough!)

Best build is probably 5/3/5 through process of elimination. If you actually need to make her invisible you are probably in a bad spot already. :)

Works best with guys with cheap stuns, obviously, so she can make them even cheaper and use Lights Out to destroy enemy AP.