How to delete Drafts in the forum

abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
How does one delete posts saved as drafts in this forum?  I often start typing something and get distracted, or decided to wait until I calm down before posting.  During that time, the forum auto-saves the draft.  If I then decide "meh, this isn't worth posting" (which happens a lot more often than I'd care to admit), there's no way to delete the draft.

I go into the "My Drafts" section in my profile and there's no "Delete this draft".  If I click on the draft, there is no "cancel" or "delete" button like on the New Discussion page.

The only way I can find to get rid of them is to post them, then edit the post to be empty.  Unfortunately, a lot of my drafts are old.  I would be posting to dead threads and that would be inviting a reprimand from a certain bird-like moderator for breaking forum rules...

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    When you have a saved draft, a link will be added to the right side menu called "My Drafts" under "My Discussions". You will have to refresh the page to get it to appear.
    In the "My Drafts" screen, there is a small X in the top right of the draft listing to delete it.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    I declare this the best thing that will be mentioned on the forum today!  Thanks loads!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you have a saved draft, a link will be added to the right side menu called "My Drafts" under "My Discussions". You will have to refresh the page to get it to appear.
    In the "My Drafts" screen, there is a small X in the top right of the draft listing to delete it.
    It might help matters if the small X weren't in very light grey on a white background until you mouse-over it. Took me a while to find it, even after finding the Drafts page.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    It might help matters if the small X weren't in very light grey on a white background until you mouse-over it. Took me a while to find it, even after finding the Drafts page.
    Wow... I thought I was being pranked until I accidentally moused over it.  It is utterly invisible until moused over (at least on my browser/monitor/them).

@Blindman13 thank you very much.  That was exactly what I was looking for.  65 drafts deleted.  Woo!
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    How wonderful!  It took a blind ban to get me to see.  Great information, thank you @Blindman13!