RNG... stupid question?!?

RTA3000
RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In

So I’ve been hoarding tokens (elite/hero) for a while - 100s - then spending with poor results, no 4* or bonus heroes. So now I’ve been opening them as I receive them... in your opinion, good idea or bad idea?

Comments

• DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    I always open tokens as i get them and can't complain.Gods of randomness work good some days.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I hoard the only thing I'm accumulating is LTs and CP. I open all other tokens once a day - whatever I've gathered in a 24 hour period. I want the daily ISO income from 1-star and 2-star cover sales (not currently farming), and I want champ levels on my 3-stars.

Plus, opening a batch of tokens every day satisfies the itch while still allowing me to hoard for strategic 5-star pulls.
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Hoarding is something you do when you want to accomplish specific goals. You hoard DDQ for more chances at LTs and 4*. You hoard LTs when you're waiting for a new character you want. There is no innate benefit to hoarding other than to prevent wasted covers. It doesn't improve your RNG, and may slow your progress artificially with all the resources you lose along the way. You may want to only hoard Taco tokens for more chances at LTs/4*s, but that's it. If you have all of the 2/3* rostered, with HP for any possible 4*s, there's no need to hoard elite/heroics 
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I typically open my Elites and Heroics in batches of 10. Sure this is doing nothing to improve my odds, but it increases my chances of pulling some cover that will end up with me feeling positive about the experience. So if I get 2+ 3* when opening 10 Elites or 1+ 4* when opening 10 Heroics I consider that a success. They come in at a decent rate so at most I'm delaying my progression a few days. If I'm ever in an ISO crunch or need to pull before I hit 10 it's always an option. Some times I hoard Elite, Heroics, or even Standards if I'm trying to wait for a new character (usually someone I've BH) to enter packs (like a newly release 3* or 4*).
  • RTA3000
    Cheers for all the feedback guys, think I’ll just carry on opening as I go to, satisfy the itch as Dormammu said.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I have had good luck with Heroics. They give me more 4* bonus heroes than the Latest and classics store. I always open them as they come. I only hoard CP until a new 5* store comes around. Everything else gets opened or used.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    They pile up and take forever to open if you don't :D
    Exactly this is why I don't hoard anything but LTs and CPs. And HPs.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I am hoarding All my tokens until I get 5000 CPs then I open my hoard for a chance to got a champ 5*. I started hoarding elites and standerd until I get 500 elites then I use my hoard to farm my 2*s and 3* champ awards from elites and standers. I hoard my tacos until I get 600 to empty two vaults for HPs, LT 4*s, 3*s and 2*s, ISO and health packs. I hoard HP for roster slots and in case I need health pack to continue my grind on PVE.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    First21 said:
    I am hoarding All my tokens until I get 5000 CPs then I open my hoard for a chance to got a champ 5*. I started hoarding elites and standerd until I get 500 elites then I use my hoard to farm my 2*s and 3* champ awards from elites and standers. I hoard my tacos until I get 600 to empty two vaults for HPs, LT 4*s, 3*s and 2*s, ISO and health packs. I hoard HP for roster slots and in case I need health pack to continue my grind on PVE.
    You have admirable discipline and patience my friend. I commend you.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    First21 said:
    There should be a show on A&E about you!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    First21 said:
    Current hoard:
    Standard: 836
    Elite: 430
    Heroic: 383 11-10 packs
    LT: 96
    CP: 3390
    Tacos: 114 and 113

• RTA3000
    First21 said:
    Wow that is the definition of discipline, I commend u. I struggle to hoard past 10 LTs before breaking!

The rockett... that is insane, BIG patience. How are you gonna feel when u decide to break em all open...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    RTA3000 said:
    First21 said:
    Wow that is the definition of discipline, I commend u. I struggle to hoard past 10 LTs before breaking!

The rockett... that is insane, BIG patience. How are you gonna feel when u decide to break em all open...
    Numb fingers and thumbs. 
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    My current hoard is
    ISO. 891,903
    HP... 52,690
    CP... 1,517
    Standerd. 778
    Elite. 478 
    HT... 267 
    H.10pack. 1 
    LT. 45 
    Sweet. 198
    Savory. 187 
    Of corse there is a chance that I might not be able to unload my hoard when I reach 5000 CPs because I am currently on 4* land and if I get a 14th cover of one of my 4* characters 
    I have to max level it and champ it so ISO is a hard currency to hoard. This is to prevent wasted covers.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO "Hoard" - 812.

HP - 8330

CP - 527.  Saving for either LT pulls, or a good 5-star cover.

LT - 43. Waiting for Archangel to leave, and maybe Ghost Rider as well.

Sweet - 306. Waiting for one of the new 4-stars I don't have champed, or two 4-stars that will give me LTs.

Savory - 15 (Just blew that hoard two sessions ago to get the last two covers I needed for Spider Woman.  The ISO from those pulls let me max cover my 4-stars.)

I'm trying to level up my 5-stars right now, which is why the ISO is all gone. Strange (5/4/4) Thor (5/5/3) and Gambit (4/2/4) need about 750K ISO combined to get max leveled.  OML (5/3/3) and Thanos (5/5/2) are the next ones after them, and they need about 550K combined
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Just be wary of your Iso count. That's pretty much the only reason I ever have when hording.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have about 400k iso, but it’ll be all gone tomorrow. I’m doing this thing where I spend iso once a week on Sunday nights now, and try to get as much my queue cleared as I can.  I only open PVP event tokens, vaults/tokens that have new release 4* characters, and occasional tacos when chasing health packs. That’s it. Been doing this for a bit now and still with all that hoarding my queue has Howard to champ and two 2s and a 3 to rechamp. Will cost me 440k to clear my que which should likely put me at almost exactly a zero balance heading into next week. 

My hoard:

Standards- 489
    Elite- 760
    Heroic- 267
    Heroic 10 pk- 4
    Latests- 62
    Sweet/Savory -247/222
    Various PVE tokens- 110
    HP: 18k
    CP: 3664