Text addition - Powers that reduced the cost of other powers should state 3 AP is the minimum

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
With the addition of Black Widow's Brush Pass to the game, we now have several characters who can make other characters powers (and/or their own) cheaper to use. But there is nothing in the game which tells the player that the cost of powers cannot be reduced below 3 AP.

As I pointed out in this thread if you ran 4*Black Widow with 4* Star-Lord and 3* Iron Fist (or Daken, or any character with a 5-AP power) if you were not aware of the 3-AP floor you could make the assumption that Iron Fist's Iron Fist of K'un-Lun should become a 0-AP power, and thus could be confused and even annoyed when it still costs 3 AP. The damn game is cheating, you might think, or broken even. Because there is nothing in the game which tells the player that the cost of powers cannot be reduced below 3 AP.

So, when you have the time, it would be a 'quality of life' change if you could update the text for all powers that can reduce the cost of other powers to state that the cost cannot be reduced below 3 AP.

Thank you.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are a number of things like this, actually. Like the fact that Protect tiles won't reduce damage caused by your own team, or that damage-based passives like Anger or Bamf won't trigger off own-team damage. It's not cheating, just incomplete documentation, which has been a thing with almost every videogame ever.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Curious, I went into Settings > Help > Gameplay Tips and there is a Question (towards the very bottom of the list of questions): How do you find out the power cost to use an ability?

The response to this question could mention that there are ways to reduce the cost of powers but that a power's cost can never be reduced below 3 AP.

It would be a very simple fix, and yes, I know people have been critical of me in the past for saying something would be a simple fix but in this case it absolutely would be because you're not changing any character's profile page or power description, etc. It's as simple as adding a single sentence to this particular Question's answer:
    "There are ways to temporarily reduce the cost of powers, however, a power's cost can never be reduced below 3 AP."

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do agree that this, and other non-mentioned rules of the game (I.e. the examples used with Anger or Bamf) should be placed in the help file.  If its a statement that affects the entirety of the game, then it should be stated.

After all, its just as simple as adding text to a file in this case.