Stupidly Leveled Up the WRONG Venom

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Sigh.  Trying to get the 4* BW from Shield event and knew I had to get Venom up to 209.  Unfortunately, spent about 150k+ ISO before realising I was leveling up the wrong Venom.  Remind me again why we have two Venoms as 4*s?

:) 

Sold some maxed 2*s to be able to level up the right Venom and now am a proud owner of a 4* BW.  With one yellow.  Which is beyond pointless as a solo fighter in the Shield event.

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    No worries agent venom is actually pretty awesome
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 Venoms as 4*s opened the door for 2 Spidermen and 2 Caps in the 5* tier, so yay? 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran into that issue with MEHulk and CHulk in an earlier Shield Training. Very frustrating.

Different frustration this time, as I have AV champed (and evade420 is right, he's pretty awesome), but only like 5 covers on Eddie.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    My Eddie is 0/0/2. I'm in no danger of getting BW.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    NotBAMF said:
    My Eddie is 0/0/2. I'm in no danger of getting BW.
    You need to serve up a sacrifice to the RNG gods!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

Damn that sucks. Next time just enter the node, it will show the characters you need AND the level they need to be at.

At least AV isn't too bad. Wait until he's boosted.. that black!

• LavaManLee
    Thanks, all.  Feeling a bit better.  I was saving some ISO to champ Kingpin but his cover will now die on the vine (well, sold for 1000 ISO) before I get enough ISO again to do that.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    FWIW, I'd much rather have a champed AV than Kingpin.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    AV s yellow is really amazing too, and an even better team up to send out as it turns your whole team invisible
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I'm in a bad way for this training. While my Spider-Woman, EddieVenom, and Yondu are all cover-maxed, they all sit at level 150 as I've been champing (what I think are) better 4-stars. I really don't want to level them all to 209 right now. I have such better uses for my ISO at the moment.

I might feel differently if 4widow looked interesting to me at all, which she doesn't.
  • LavaManLee
    @Dormammu, based on what I have experienced, as long as you get 4widow in the PVE or PVP, I wouldn't spend the ISO unless you really had a lot to burn.  She's ok but not game changing.  The type you need for the Required battles.  JMHO
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    @LavaManLee I think we're in agreement.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    I levelled both Venom and Spider Woman from 147 to 209 to get 4Widow. I didn't have ISO to burn but an SW on the vine so took advantage. Fair to say it wasn't really worth it but she is a required 4* in the next event...
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    My Venom is at 9 covers. Got both Spider-Woman and Yondu champed. So all i need is 1 more Venom cover to be able to complete the Shield Training. Dont want to spend 120 cp or 7000hp to get that last cover tho so i will be praying to RNGesus to give me the last cover needed before the training ends.
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    Put him down as a BH. I did that for SW (was 5/4/3) and magically it arrived a day later....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Be nice if there weren't multiple of the same character in the same tier, but now that the we've crossed that threshold multiple times I don't think there's any plugging that dam.  Get your high waters and boots out.