A "random" complaint

eddidit
eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
The Hulk (The Main Event) tile switcheroo skill can be useful at times. However due to its random nature there are times it switches tiles that are the same color which is just absolutely useless. Isn't it possible for the system to do a check before switching to make sure the tiles are different colors?

Also, this is just annoying and not really a system problem but since I'm talking about random might as well mention it, why is it whenever I have a great match-4 or match-5 if one of my heroes generates special tiles they will without fail always block the match. What's the mpq equivalent of a co*k blocker? 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they do a check, it's not random anymore. Wouldn't it make it somewhat predictable because we know that when a swap is made, one possibility is out. 

As for the second question, I don't understand it. What's the sequence? 
    There's a match 4 or 5 on the board. 
    1) hero generates special tiles.
    2) you want to make the match.
    3) special tiles block match.

The "special tile" that can block a match is locked tile. Think Quicksilver or Invisible Woman. Probably you can be more precise?
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Well it's only a check to prevent same color switch, it's still random and since it would take place behind scenes the user would not know the difference. There are still 5 other colors to switch with so predictably would still be low due to the large number of tiles and the randomly generated number of tiles.

As free the other comment, I'm talking about auto-generated special tiles and passive skills that place special tiles or countdown tiles or change tile colors, there is nothing that can be done. Think SW blue or C&D black or even The Hulk TME switching useful tiles, it's just bad luck with RNG and not a fault of the game that's all.