MEHulk action in Thick as Thieves

System
System Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is MEHulk actively avoiding Matches?.

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since MEH is the required character in the latest PvE, I kept track of how many of his switches resulted in matches.  My Hulk is 5/4/3, so he gets 2 matches at the start of each turn.  In 94 turns, he made 24 matches, for a percentage of 22.3%.  That's pretty close to what my MATLAB script came up with, so I'm feeling better about that.  All of the matches were only one match, but three resulted in cascades, one of which included a match-four.

Over the course of the 10 matches (that I thought of keeping track of his stats), his "Destroy seven tiles at the start" were actually more effective.  Five of those resulted in matches, including one that gave three separate matches.  Of these five, three made cascades, including two which resulted in a critical.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Im having a blast in HAT using boosted MEH/Chavez/5*Lord. Crits....crits everywhere!
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    I prefer that he offers me match-5 than make matches on his own, honestly.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Not my ME Hulk. I have actually had cascades happen with the switcheroo every turn. He does sometimes mess up my plans, but its not that bad.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Topic closure in 3.....2.....1.....
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Akari said:
    All I know is that every time there's a match 4 or 5 on the board, MEH swaps it away from me.
    Playing with America Chavez, see the AI has set up a match 5 for you. Yes!
    America's critical tile makes a match 3 below the match 5 to break it up. Noooooo!!!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I believe this post is still relevant with nothing changing to Hulk's passive so I do not believe this will be closed and requested for a new post.. but we'll see.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    what I don't get is why psychologists don't come more often  to gaming or gambling forums to study cognitive biases... I swear every time I forget my umbrella it rains, weird isn't it?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Let's not forget OP, that you're running the power at 1 COVER. What were you expecting? 
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    The funny thing?
    When MEhulk is in the opponent’s hand this is the real math:

10/224 = 0.044 chance to NOT make a match 
    15/224 = 0.066 chance to NOT make a match
    20/224 = 0.088 chance to NOT make a match

And this happens also against Loki and all the other tiles shakers. 
    Just a fun fact that always amazes me! :#:smile:
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want it to go quicker so I can Thanos everything. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    That gamma bomb though paired with a 5 star is just beautiful. I have a new appreciate for MEhulk
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I’m running MEH 3/5/5, just champed the other day, with AmChav and Mordo, both champed. The team is absolutely slaying and it’s super fun. I don’t anticipate ever using him unchamped but this is great. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards

I believe this post is still relevant with nothing changing to Hulk's passive so I do not believe this will be closed and requested for a new post.. but we'll see.
    The original thread was closed.  Ducky split this one off, and he gave me a verbal warning for posting to a thread that hadn't had any activity within 30 days, as it was my first infraction.  (hence the "sambrookjm was warned for this" at the top of my first post in the thread.)  I think Dragon_Nexus's post was from the original thread, and they were all moved into this one.

So today's lesson - Don't post in a thread that's been dead for 30+ days.  Lesson learned.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Another Hulk/Chavez/5* aka good team here. And yes, Hulk avoid matches but not all of them.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    It's a mixed bag. Sometimes he makes a nice match, other times he completely ruins my next move.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    It's a mixed bag. Sometimes he makes a nice match, other times he completely ruins my next move.
    But most of the time it's something with neutral effect (at least for me). Obviously this unpredictability is the point. The chaos seems very Hulk-ish, to me. True to the character of the comic -- which I find cool.