Free Thanos 3* for brand new players

Alfje17
Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards

Not very useful for forum members, but if you know anyone who want to start this game, at the end of this interview is a link to download MPQ with a free Thanos 3*:

https://www.destructoid.com/marvel-puzzle-quest-developer-q-a-497633.phtml

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's definitely a new player only offer.  Here's the message I got when I tried the link:

Thanks for participating in the Greenlit April Campaign special offer, but this offer is for new players only
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is the cover random? Because the very thing a new player needs would be a Court Death to help kill off their team of 1*. They might think this game doesn't like them...
    That would actually be hilarious. Imagine the pain of health packs! 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Is the cover random? Because the very thing a new player needs would be a Court Death to help kill off their team of 1*. They might think this game doesn't like them...
    They could equip one of those new nifty Supports to boost their 1* health levels, that'll help! Oh no...wait...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    They could equip one of those new nifty Supports to boost their 1* health levels, that'll help! Oh no...wait...
    Just imagine trying to do 6 clears of a PVE event where two of your team get downed every fight. Nightmare. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    My son wanted to give MPQ a try, so we tried this link and it worked. He got a green 3* Thanos. That also unlocked Supports and the Beginner Pack offer, so he's off to a good start. I have advised him not to level any onestar characters at the moment since Thanos alone should be able to match damage his way through most of the prologue.
    Getting the Beginner Pack offer already might be a tad early, but we weren't going to buy it anyway.
    I am actually curious about what kind of experience having a one cover 3* Thanos provides for new players. If you could share any insight, like how far your son was able to get in the Prologue with Thanos as his tank, that would be much appreciated!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    My son wanted to give MPQ a try, so we tried this link and it worked. He got a green 3* Thanos. That also unlocked Supports and the Beginner Pack offer, so he's off to a good start. I have advised him not to level any onestar characters at the moment since Thanos alone should be able to match damage his way through most of the prologue.
    Getting the Beginner Pack offer already might be a tad early, but we weren't going to buy it anyway.
    I am actually curious about what kind of experience having a one cover 3* Thanos provides for new players. If you could share any insight, like how far your son was able to get in the Prologue with Thanos as his tank, that would be much appreciated!
    So far he has made it through the Juggernaut prologue missions without leveling any onestars. He has 2* Storm and Ms Marvel rostered with one cover each. So so far so good.