Where is the Sweet Spot

ROTBI
ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
As I mentioned in my previous post, I've just recently returned to playing MPQ.

I'm not exactly sure how to phrase this but I vaguely remember someone mentioning that there exists a "sweet spot" (I believe for 4-star characters, but perhaps for other rarities as well) at which level/covers you can sell a character and break even on what you've invested into them.

I ask this because I was unable to recently acquire the red covers to max out Miles Morales and having an extra yellow and purple cover about to expire, rather than selling the soon-to-expire covers at a paltry 1000 iso each, I made a duplicate character who will never realistically become anything of a useable nature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    roster 2 covers of the same color
    level to 83
    sell for 4000 iso
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Thank you.  Do you know if this only applies for 4-star characters?  Worried about pulling more OML black covers too.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Only applies to 4* and 3* 

4*: 2 of same color, level to 83

3*: 3 of same color, level to 62
    3*: 2 of same color, level to 49
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's just helped me out of a 10/3/3 Nico problem. Thanks!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Hadronic said:
    level to 83
    sell for 4000 iso
    Are we sure this only works for two of the same color? Why not 2 of different colors?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Yepyep said:
    Hadronic said:
    level to 83
    sell for 4000 iso
    Are we sure this only works for two of the same color? Why not 2 of different colors?
    A 2/0/0 4* can be levelled to 86.
    A 1/1/0 4* can be levelled to 74.

etc etc
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Thanks @BlackBoltRocks, that's very helpful bc I have two Quake covers of different colors and I don't want to put the iso into champing her yet. I didn't know that 2/0/0 and 1/1/0 leveled differently...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any equivalent for 5*'s?  I had a few extra Silver Surfer covers of a single colour that I rostered since I'm nowhere near champing him.  Or have I just wasted the few thousand iso from the extras?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Thanks @BlackBoltRocks, that's very helpful bc I have two Quake covers of different colors and I don't want to put the iso into champing her yet. I didn't know that 2/0/0 and 1/1/0 leveled differently...
    Yeah, the first cover in a color only lets you add a handful of levels.

jamesh said:
    Is there any equivalent for 5*'s?  I had a few extra Silver Surfer covers of a single colour that I rostered since I'm nowhere near champing him.  Or have I just wasted the few thousand iso from the extras?
    No. The reason it works for four- and threestars is that the first few levels are dirt cheap so at first the sale price goes up faster than the ISO invested in it. Leveling a fivestar ain't that cheap even early on.