PvP Season and PvE Event End Times

@Brigby

We know that you can modify the number of days each pve event runs (possibly not boss battles), because it happens all the time. We see the "3 day variant" and "4 day variant" notes. But can you please explain why we have a pve event and a PvP season that end 1 hour apart. It just seems like poor planning.

Why can't there be some consideration and courtesy given so that no pve and pvp events ever end 1h apart?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's lay out some facts:

1) There's only 1 end time for PvP season, which is fixed. My definition of PvP season = runs about a month and it has a slot that shows your ranking out of 5000 players, total points and time left. PvP = mostly essential 3* character PvP with 5 time slices to choose.

2) There's 5 end times in PvE that you can choose.

3) There are shields that can shield your points 3hr, 8hrs and 24hrs in advance in PvP.

Shielding 3/8/24 hrs in advance or choosing a different time slice should solve your problem. What's the actual problem?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the OP's situation is what you've described, I think there might not be an easy fix for this group of players (merc). Let's say instead of one hour difference, we change it to two or three. It could affect other mercs that are not affected by the current end time. Afterall, this game is played by not just Americans, but it is also played by other nationalities. 

I think one solution is to do away with time slices in PvE or to change the current PvE concept as a whole. However, this could take years or many months of testing. The easier solution is to look for an alliance that has the same goal as you so that you don't have to move around too frequently?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the OP's situation is what you've described, I think there might not be an easy fix for this group of players (merc). Let's say instead of one hour difference, we change it to two or three. It could affect other mercs that are not affected by the current end time. Afterall, this game is played by not just Americans, but it is also played by other nationalities. 

I think one solution is to do away with time slices in PvE or to change the current PvE concept as a whole. However, this could take years or many months of testing. The easier solution is to look for an alliance that has the same goal as you so that you don't have to move around too frequently?
    Just let the PVE end a day later.
    We've been through this multiple times.
    It's not rocket science.

But seeing that it apparently requires some dark blood magic to change PVE rewards (see the Daredevil reward in the next PVE), I don't know, the game might explode if they do that.
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Bowgentle said:

Just let the PVE end a day later.
    We've been through this multiple times.
    It's not rocket science.

But seeing that it apparently requires some dark blood magic to change PVE rewards (see the Daredevil reward in the next PVE), I don't know, the game might explode if they do that.
    Not rocket science, but clearly very hard to take your competitive player base into account.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    My theory is that the Devs have a mild dislike of the idea of merc-ing for different Alliances. Not enough to actually do anything to stop it, but enough that they aren't going to go out of their way to facilitate it.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I welcome when this happens. It actually helps out those alliances that don't do mercing/swaps a tiny bit.