Is Gamora's Red Broken?

Options
heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
The description for Gamora's red reads "...Deals x damage and creates a xx-turn Red Countdown tile, targeting that character, which deals xxx damage at the end of each turn."  When I do use her red, the countdown seems to damage who ever is in front, not the originally targeted character.  

In the grand scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter, but maybe the description needs tweaking...
Tagged:

Comments

• Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    The red power does initial damage to the target, and then places the countdown which targets the character in front with the 'bleed' damage. So, if the initial damage downs the character in front, the countdown simply applies to the next character in line.

I actually am glad that the power performs like this, as it makes the power more versatile overall--if it behaved 'correctly' that countdown would never appear at all if the target was downed. With this style, you can tag a full-health character and then start the bleed-down, or you can down a single target and then start chipping away at another target.

So...feature, not a bug :wink:
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is a bug, yeah. It works as described in regular matches, but always hits the front enemy in Wave nodes. Has its plusses and minuses either way. The Devs have known about it since shortly after she was released, but still haven't figured out what the issue is.
  • heybub
    Options
    It is a bug, yeah. It works as described in regular matches, but always hits the front enemy in Wave nodes. Has its plusses and minuses either way. The Devs have known about it since shortly after she was released, but still haven't figured out what the issue is.
    I see...thanks for the clarification...looks like lots of bugs during wave nodes...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    heybub said:
    I see...thanks for the clarification...looks like lots of bugs during wave nodes...
    Yeah, Wave nodes were a later addition to the game, and their code interacts oddly with a number of things. Most of them seem to have to do with not enough distinction between the end of a wave and the end of a fight, but there are also some others, like this, and the graphics bug where if a newly arriving enemy is going to be downed before their next turn, it just shows the sprite for whoever is going to replace them right from the start.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    ***Moving this over to Bugs so it gets noticed.***
  • heybub
    Options
    heybub said:
    Yeah, Wave nodes were a later addition to the game, and their code interacts oddly with a number of things. Most of them seem to have to do with not enough distinction between the end of a wave and the end of a fight, but there are also some others, like this, and the graphics bug where if a newly arriving enemy is going to be downed before their next turn, it just shows the sprite for whoever is going to replace them right from the start.
    Yeah, you'd think the devs would have been able to fix the wave issues by now...it's only been like 2 years?  The replacing the images of the soon to be fallen with the incoming wave is just cosmetic, but there are other things as well that are real bugs.  
  • heybub
    Options
    Ducky said:
    ***Moving this over to Bugs so it gets noticed.***
    I thought devs were aware, no?  Devs, care to comment?