New ** characters

Options
sajymus
sajymus Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
edited May 2014 in Speculation and Concepts
I’ve been playing your game for several months, and I enjoy it very much. However, I do have a suggestion for improvement. I’ve noticed that as my roster grows and levels up, more and more often I’m disappointed by the recruit tokens that I win. I’ve decided they’re never worth buying. It seems like many players agree with me, and you may lose advanced players who have already completed most of the ** characters’ training.
My suggestion: introduce new ** characters as well as *** characters. With new ** characters to try out, train, and have competitions about, winning the ** tokens will be a reward that feels rewarding rather than disappointing.
I have a few ideas:
Ant Man—Shrink: antman shrinks and reduces the damage he would otherwise take from the next attack (or avoids it entirely as the power increases, or maybe the reduction last for more turns as it develops)
--Giant Man: standard large damage attack
--the Pyms: If Wasp is alive and on the same team as Ant Man any damage delivered to one of them is reduced by X% (which increases as the power increases) and the remaining damage is divided between the two of them
Wasp—nimble flying: A selected tile is destroyed and 1 ap of that color is stolen from the enemy and given to Wasp’s team
Stingers: standard damage, possibly creating attack tiles
The Pyms
Cyclops—Optic Blasts: a powerful attack on par with Adamantium Strike or Thor’s powers
--Leadership Defensive: creates a countdown tile that generates shield tiles
--Leadership Offense: creates a countdown tile that generates attack or stike tiles
Jean Grey—Dr Grey: Healing (like Widow)
--Telekinesis: at low levels this works like switcheroo, but at high levels she can switch special tiles and convert them to help her team
--Telepathy: either stealing AP or creating shield tiles because Jean knows the enemy’s next move
Thing—basically a poor man’s Hulk, without Anger or the risk of hurting his allies
Mr. Fantastic—great reach can trip (stun) enemies
--enlarged fists (powerful strike, maybe to entire enemy team)
--Something to power up the other members of the Fantastic Four