2 months since achievable progression rewards

2»

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Was that one PvP?

I don't think it was. It could have been but I'm almost positive it was a PvE Cause I'm not super great at the PvP yet. I do alright, yet its a 3 steps forward, two steps back kinda thing. I will buil dup to like 300-400 points then stop playing for like 20-30minutes come back and have lost 50-70 points.; Drives me nuts.

EDIT: There TWO Flacon Events. The introduction event was a PvE, and then they did the "Top Gun" PvP event.

I DID NOT get any of really good the PvP event rewards. IE the Purple Falcon Cover.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was that one PvP?

I don't think it was. It could have been but I'm almost positive it was a PvE Cause I'm not super great at the PvP yet. I do alright, yet its a 3 steps forward, two steps back kinda thing. I will buil dup to like 300-400 points then stop playing for like 20-30minutes come back and have lost 50-70 points.; Drives me nuts.
    You're talking about placement rewards, not progression rewards.
    I'm totally positive they didn't give out Falcon as a progression reward, but you got them for placing Top 20/50 in the last two PVEs.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Actually, yeah, I'd like to hear from IceIX or Will. Has anyone actually reached the 3* rewards in any of the PvE events in the last 2 months? I'm fairly sure the top of my brackets didn't, anyway
    I'm pretty sure we won't be hearing anything from them, not after point distribution for the current event was lowered to yank the initially reachable top progression rewards out of reach again. I'm also very sure that not only the top of your brackets didn't reach those past top 3* rewards, no bracket at all did. It's really easy to tell with global rubberbanding, nobody even got remotely close. Given that they have demonstrated the ability reconfigure running events in case they find anything worthy of change, the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that this is entirely intentional.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Was that one PvP?

You're talking about placement rewards, not progression rewards.
    I'm totally positive they didn't give out Falcon as a progression reward, but you got them for placing Top 20/50 in the last two PVEs.

The first Top Gun had a 1100 falcon cover progression. Second running it was a Ragnarok cover at 1100. icon_mad.gif
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    On worthwhile progression rewards, rubber banding makes it so that nobody gets it or the top 10-20% get it. There isn't a big window for error. I don't recall exactly where I saw it, but one of the developers posted that progression rewards were set to try to give a percentage of players the placement rewards.

With all the 'unreachable' targets, I'll be curious how it goes if Nick Fury gets top progression for several PvE events.
  • Moral wrote:
    On worthwhile progression rewards, rubber banding makes it so that nobody gets it or the top 10-20% get it. There isn't a big window for error. I don't recall exactly where I saw it, but one of the developers posted that progression rewards were set to try to give a percentage of players the placement rewards.
    That percentage happens to be 0%. A few months ago we had an event without rubberbanding, just very limited roster and ugly scaling. To get the top progression rewards you had to grind each of the about twenty nodes five times down to a single point, for each of the eleven possible refreshes. And you had to overlap processing those refreshes, doing them strictly in sequence would have required you to beat each mission in less than 30 seconds to not exceed the time limit. I seem to recall that IceIX suggested somebody might actually have managed to do that, he didn't sound very convincing though. Nope, it's definitely not the window for error that's the issue here, it's the big bolted door that leads to the room where the rewards are stored.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Is anyone close to hitting the second to last progression reward in Oscorp?
  • Meto5000 wrote:

I looked at the top alliances' points and only saw one over 37k. I don't think anyone will get that sweet, sweet 500 Iso
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    sup123 wrote:
    Meto5000 wrote:

I looked at the top alliances' points and only saw one over 37k. I don't think anyone will get that sweet, sweet 500 Iso

You'd think if they're going to make them unattainable at least they could make them spectacularly absurd. ie. 5* Galactus