Out of retirement

ROTBI
ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
I stopped playing last year because life became busy and we had a new baby.

So now that I'm back, I climbed to 1900 in S.H.I.E.L.D. training but then got smacked down hard.  Nearly every team I face worth any points is R&G, Gamora, and Medusa.  Given my roster which is a little older how best can I consistently beat that team?

Please note, I'm not sure how to show my roster, but my ign is BigRed33

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    If you have them use 4* grocket, 4* carol and either XFDP or Rulk. When they hit you it creates countdowns that buff your strikes. It takes Health packs but should down them pretty quickly.

Alternatively you can bring thing if you have him with 5 in yellow to bring the damage down quickly. You’ll probably still have a bad time though with medusa. 
  • Jezequel
    Jezequel Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    You might want to try Gamependium so that others van view your roster out of game.

Https://mpq.gamependium.com

It's a bit of a pain to set up butI've found it useful for showing off rosters to those not in your alliance.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018

The best team I use against Gamora, Medusa and Grocket is XPDP, Carol and Thing.

First match, Target Medusa and have XFDP or Carol makes the match. Then the enemy makes a match which triggers Thing's passive yellow and XFDP's black passive. XFDP's black will deal high damage to Medusa and also buff Thing's protect tiles with Carol's yellow passive. All match damage from the enemy will be reduced to 1. I try to grab Black and Yellow to one-shot Medusa with Carol. Then match all the strike tiles while I focus on Gamora, then finally Grocket

Depending how the match goes, you can use this team twice without needing to heal Thing. As long as Medusa's CD is not match/destroyed and you keep most of your protect tiles.

• ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    ROTBI said:

So now that I'm back, I climbed to 1900 in S.H.I.E.L.D. training but then got smacked down hard.  Nearly every team I face worth any points is R&G, Gamora, and Medusa.  Given my roster which is a little older how best can I consistently beat that team?

Players can only look you up in-game by an alliance name. What alliance?

ROTBI said:

Players can only look you up in-game by an alliance name. What alliance?

Game of Phones
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    You have all the pieces you need. Use Thing, Deadpool and Carol, they can all deal with Medusa/Rocket. Of course, you have Rocket yourself, Riri, Agent Coulson, who can all be useful as well. Riri is a particular favorite of mine, she hits like a truck even unboosted.