Hearts of Darkness

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Such a welcome relief from feeling you have to use R&G/Gamora/Medusa everywhere. With guys like Antman, Crazy Chavez, Teen Jean, Mordo and others champed and boosted, it's really fun to watch the enemies melt away. Especially Chavez shines here!

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted/Champed Jean Grey, 4-star Star Lord and Scarlet Witch is a cheat code.  Not *quite* as insane as when both halves of Grocket are boosted...but it still ends the match very, very quickly.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll certainly give that killer-squad a go! Also found Beast, Coulson and C4rol lethal.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using Dormammu's goon buster team of America, C4ge, and Strange. Not quite as fast as it was when Strange was boosted, but it still works great on those nodes, and it's lots of fun to see some of those powers go off and realize that you only actually took 1 damage.
  • sambrookjm
    I've been using Dormammu's goon buster team of America, C4ge, and Strange. Not quite as fast as it was when Strange was boosted, but it still works great on those nodes, and it's lots of fun to see some of those powers go off and realize that you only actually took 1 damage.
    Some of the new players in my alliance are really enjoying the Quake covers we got from the last Boss Event.  Reduce that Caltrops way, way down!  Combine her with C4ge, and even a few Muscles won't ruin your day.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of the new players in my alliance are really enjoying the Quake covers we got from the last Boss Event.  Reduce that Caltrops way, way down!  Combine her with C4ge, and even a few Muscles won't ruin your day.
    The royal family node will ruin a lot of days, though.
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I beat Royals with 3* Elektra 355, GR 255 001, 4* Tean Jean 229 524. Took down  Lockjaw first

• TPF Alexis
    Even with Gambit only at 1/1/1, he, my two-cover GR, and America were able to handle the Royal Family fight pretty easily at SCL7.

I always hit Medusa first because it seems like if I don't, her Entanglement countdown will get matched away every turn, and then, between Resolute Queen and Guard Dog, it pretty quickly starts to feel like running into a brick wall.
  • sambrookjm
    Even with Gambit only at 1/1/1, he, my two-cover GR, and America were able to handle the Royal Family fight pretty easily at SCL7.

I always hit Medusa first because it seems like if I don't, her Entanglement countdown will get matched away every turn, and then, between Resolute Queen and Guard Dog, it pretty quickly starts to feel like running into a brick wall.
    What is your America's level/coverage?  That node almost always requires a Super Whale for me at SCL8, no matter who I try to bring in.  My Ghost Rider is 1/2/1, and still level 255.
  • TPF Alexis
    I have America Champed, 270-something. I can't remember the order of her powers, but she has three covers on Ticket to the Multiverse, and five in each of the others. Might be better to drop to three on Punch Everyone, but I like that she provides solid coverage on yellow once I've got some built up. Ghost Rider has one each of black and green, and both he and Gambit are at 270.

I basically just try to pick up as many of the Charged tiles as possible, so I can hopefully stay ahead on AP and keep kicking out Crits for Gambit and Robbie to dish out ludicrous* match damage.

*At least by SCL7 standards.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    CL7 and 8 are a joke since Bolt doesn't do any passive damage at low levels.
    Royal family node is only ugly in 9.
  • sambrookjm
    I have America Champed, 270-something. I can't remember the order of her powers, but she has three covers on Ticket to the Multiverse, and five in each of the others. Might be better to drop to three on Punch Everyone, but I like that she provides solid coverage on yellow once I've got some built up. Ghost Rider has one each of black and green, and both he and Gambit are at 270.

My America is about 3/2/5 right now, with with several green covers wasted thanks to RNG madness.  She is boosted, and max leveled for the covers.  My Gambit is higher than yours (4/2/4); I've just started putting ISO into him, so it might balance out...I'll give it a try.

Tries the node -
    Worked first time, although the first two crit tiles that America generated matched their special tiles:  One Entanglement tile, followed by one of the Attack tiles created by it.  Lockjaw went down first because I forgot to change it back to Medusa the second time.

Worked Second time.  No Entanglement tiles, but lots of match-4s on their part to start the match. America's crits were slow to get going.  Medusa/Lockjaw/Black Bolt

Third time was a win, but brutal. First two charged tiles were green, so Lockjaw started doing passive damage right away. Ghost Rider went down as soon as I got the last charged Green tile to match...which meant that Purple became my most powerful color.  Naturally, there was still a purple charged tile, so MORE passive damage.  Lockjaw was the next target, and then Black Bolt finally went down afterwards.  Gambit ended with about 1700 Health, and America was at about 4000.

Three health packs later...

Fourth time was probably the easiest of the bunch, relatively speaking. No Lockjaw passive damage, which was a big help.  Black Bolt did a lot of passive damage, as the charged tiles were always just out of reach.  Since none of them were green, I held off using Gambit's red until I could use them to take down Lockjaw.  Ghost Rider still took a beating, but was standing at the end.

Thanks for the tip on the team.   It probably wouldn't work nearly as well without America boosted, but Gambit is certainly a "Break Glass In Case Of Emergency" type character anyway.  So I guess now the question is - Which node do I use the Super Whales on? :)
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Chavez and the all AP boost are Royal Family killers. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always struggled with the Royal Family in SCL8, but this time my Lv 380 Mordo and Lv 373 C4ge made mincemeat of them even though my 2/0/0 Ghost Rider died almost every time ;)
    Mordo is especially lethal thanks to Bolt creating charged tiles every turn!