Order abilities by color strength

Options
Jwallyr
Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
When I first started playing the game, I assumed from a first few characters at the 1* tier that the order of ability colors (from top to bottom) was the order of strength (descending) of their color matches. That seemed the only reason for there to be any order to the colors in the first place. Fast forward a few weeks/months and I've been disabused of that mistaken understanding.

So, is there supposed to be any meaning behind the order of abilities? If not, can we have the abilities re-ordered to be useful as an indicator of the match damage strength? Instead of having to dig into individual characters' stats to figure out whether Daken is *really* Purple => Black => Blue (he's not, he's Black =>Purple => Blue) you could look at the ability order and instantly know.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that any abilities be changed, or any match damage be changed. I'm purely talking about the order in the interface that the abilities are presented. If Classic Magneto is supposed to be Blue/Red/Yellow, why are his abilities Yellow/Red/Blue, giving precisely the opposite impression of his color strength? etc.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apparently this is another one of those things that's far more complex to fix than it would seem. There was a comment somewhere from one of the Devs that the colour ordering is actually tied in to the specific powers in some way that was not entirely clear to me, and changing it would be on par with re-working their powers.

I don't know about the other option, which would be altering the Match Damage for those characters so it lines up with the displayed colours. In the case of CMags, this would mean swapping his blue and yellow match damage values, for instance. There may well be issues with that as well, but I don't know.