vraska’s second ability triggers after creature killed [Investigating]

Options
Lunaredge
Lunaredge Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Vraska’s second ability Yaaaargh causes pirates to explore after they have been killed by a creature with berserker. If this does not result in a match, the creature gets +1/+1 and survives. Doesn’t seem like this was the intention of the ability 

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Funny though! "Yarrrgh! Ye cannae kill me, ya scurvy dog!"
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have also seen this.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is intentional. The text of the ability is "whenever a pirate you control deals damage, it explores"

So this would include a pirate being attacked by a creature with berserker.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can't believe it is intentional that the Pig attacks your little pirate, does lethal damage, tramples lots of damage over the top, and then the Pirate explores and survives.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't believe it is intentional that the Pig attacks your little pirate, does lethal damage, tramples lots of damage over the top, and then the Pirate explores and survives.
    Yeah, the surviving part wouldn't be intentional, the trigger order is wrong. It should take the damage, check if dies, then have it's affect. (But there are other creatures that you want to have their effect on damage even if they die, like most enrage dinos, so it's a case by case thing.)