If the MPQ Infinity War event is any measure of the movie, is the run-time 8 minutes?

alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
* opening credits
* Punisher (3*) stands with Deadpool and Black Widow (in her "Original" garb)
* Deadpool "Nice getup Nat, I'd like to get up in that, if you know what I mean" *breaks 4th wall and looks at camera*

Our alliance finished the event, so I decided to test how low I could go. Round 8 Thanos is a joke - less health than ONE character of the Simulator scl9 5* essential.

I beat him with 3* Deadpool, 3* Punisher, and OBW.  No whales were used... just match damage and other abilities.  I'm all for an easy fight, but this is way too trivial.  Maybe boss fights need to take into account which scl the player does and scale the boss...?

What's the lowest team you've won with...?

Comments

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Careful what you wish for. Next thing you know they're gonna bring back the boss rush event cause people are saying this one was too easy. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    The difficulty level is appropriate for the rewards. I'd be open to increased difficulty if the rewards increased with it.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Careful what you wish for. Next thing you know they're gonna bring back the boss rush event cause people are saying this one was too easy. 
    I wholeheartedly agree. Stark Naked was done at 9 am and I’m enjoying my weekend with my family instead of grinding.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I must be the odd duck... I enjoyed Boss rush.  One hell of a challenge, sure... but at least it wasn't just mindlessly matchy-matchy colors.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the developers could increase the game difficulty or the intelligence of AI as a whole. Boss events are too easy or is this a subtle way of making the players feel like a boss and giving those who finished early time off?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,794 Chairperson of the Boards
    All it needs is clearance levels for boss fights, node scaling is fine. CL would add a challenge but the trouble for them as they have touched on before is taking stuff away. Harder clearance levels would need more rewards instead of taking stuff away from lower levels.

id be happy if it was just more iso.

This would have been a better use of time than that super new feature we have all forgotten exists and something we have actually been requesting.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the developers could increase the game difficulty or the intelligence of AI as a whole.
    You don't want that.

https://www.demiurgestudios.com/engineering/a-worthy-opponent/
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    And then three Hammer goons show up and rocketlaunch the **** out of our heroes, leaving their corpses on the pile of Thanos corpses...
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    One-shooting level 8 Thanos with Thorica was one of my favorite moments ever in the game. Bring on Boss Rush 2.0.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    alaeth said:
    * opening credits
    * Punisher (3*) stands with Deadpool and Black Widow (in her "Original" garb)
    * Deadpool "Nice getup Nat, I'd like to get up in that, if you know what I mean" *breaks 4th wall and looks at camera*

Our alliance finished the event, so I decided to test how low I could go. Round 8 Thanos is a joke - less health than ONE character of the Simulator scl9 5* essential.

I beat him with 3* Deadpool, 3* Punisher, and OBW.  No whales were used... just match damage and other abilities.  I'm all for an easy fight, but this is way too trivial.  Maybe boss fights need to take into account which scl the player does and scale the boss...?

What's the lowest team you've won with...?

Bagman, Kraven and Howard: all rewards were won, so I just wanted to get past Thanos to do the side missions and was planning to retreat, but then I got a red stone, a huge cascade, plenty of AP and before I knew it, I'd beaten Lv8 Thanos with my version of the GLA.

This event was indeed too easy for 4* players and above, but the 3* and 2* players in my alliance were very happy with it.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    First time this ran I was a 3* player and the infinity gems helped a lot in tricky matches.

This time as a 4* player it was a breeze. The infinity gems were just an amusing side note on the journey to strike tile fueled match damage victory.

My Alliance is casual so although we made it to Round 8 we ran out of time to finish but we scored our highest ever. So either that is down to easier events or us getting stronger as a group, probably a bit of both.

I do enjoy it when we get mini-boss Super-Venom or Super-Patch to fight in node waves, so some more little surprises like that might ramp up the challenge.

The Boss events tend to have good boost lists but perhaps the Dev's are a little too nice to us. Boosted Guardians for Galactus and this where match damage could shred the boss but against Apocalypse they gave us high damage characters and special tile removers to best help us trounce him. Probably Civil War was the only event where there wasn't too much of a massive advantage for 4* players and above thanks to the boost list.