Skewed color distributions in random draws?

karger
karger Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
I had assumed random draws of a character would also involve a random color power, but I believe I have now drawn 7 purple mockingbirds in a row which begins to strain the bounds of probability.  Is there some other mechanism used to determine which color is drawn?  It would be useful to know since it would affect my strategy for buying specific powers versus drawing random .
Tagged:

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Only 7? My record is around a dozen blue Professor X covers, with at least 10 of them before I ever saw another color.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somewhere in the General board, not too long ago, someone did a statistical analysis of potential colour distributions. You can dig back for it a bit, but the short version is that with 100+ characters in the game, it is actually very likely that at some point you will have a run like that.

Factor in the number of players, and things that are ludicrously improbable to happen to any given player on any given cover are almost guaranteed to happen to someone, with some character.

Randomness is weird.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I have gone 2 or 3 weeks without any red cover for my Torch. All I got was green or black. I finally broke the streak last night. I got 2 or 3 bonus 3* and 4 or 5 4* covers as well. I have gone months without 4* bonus hero. Randomness is difficult to explain.