Latest LT vs Special vaults

wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
so with the special vault out for Cap infinity war I wanted to find out why people pull from the special vault over latest legendary.  Both cost 25 CP.  for me I only pull latest LT because I want to champ the latest 5* as they will be most useful in PVE and then I favorite the ones who are close to 13 covers for classics.  For me the only reason I would pull the special is if it was a classic 5* I really wanted because I would get a higher % chance of getting that specific 5*.  For the new 5* I would rather wait till they go into latest then pull and potentially get the other 2 latest 5* as well.  The reason again is I can usually get over 300 latest pulls and champion the 5* character.

if you pull from the special vault what are some reasons why?  What is your preference latest classic or special vaults?

Comments

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    People make bad decisions?  i agree that the only reason to go for a special vault is if you want one of the classic characters.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    If someone has a number of Classic characters with "fully at five covers" powers and the "Plus Two" in a token like Covert Ops won't go to waste, it can be worth it. But that's a rare occurrence I would think.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I typically only pull from the special store based on the other 2 beside it. I was relatively easily able to Finish of Thanos & Black Panther when they were in there. BP has been a unicorn for a while at 5/4/2.  The odds of getting a Classic 5* from these are much better than Classics or BH. 

I wont be pulling this time because HE is feeder ready and BW is only missing one from being feeder ready. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I don't hoard tokens; mostly because I don't have the discipline. I'm happy to pull as I get them.
    I do hold on to my CP until I have a specific use for them. Typically, I will pull from the special vaults until I get one of the new covers. When I'm not using it there, I spend it on Classic Legends; usually 5 or 6 at a time when I'm close to ranking up.
    I've just started leveling my 5*s now that I've got all the 4*s champed (minus the most recent ones). The only 5 I have fully covered is Dr. Strange, and only a couple have 5 in a single color, so any 5* cover i get is usable for me. Pulling Classics gives me more bites at the apple than Latests. If I reach a point where I'm wasting multiple covers with the Classics I will switch to the Latests.
    All that said, to your initial question, I pull from the special vaults because I'm a collector, and I must have the new shiny on my roster ASAP.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only ever pull from the special if I need both the classics, which is almost never.

This time was an exception with a Level 450 Widow and a vastly undercovered Hawkeye.  0/6 so far.  :(
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Congrats on the champs!  It’s a shame that none are gambit though.  
  • Swish
    Swish Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I usually don't pull from the special vaults because I'm trying to cover the Latest 5*'s. However, this time was an exception. Both AA and GR are full covered and champed, so I've been hoarding for a week or so (which is a really long time for me), and I had both BW and Hawkeye champed. I pulled because I wasn't going to have any wasted covers, and any champ levels were just going to help out more. So far, I've made about 15 pulls and only 2 BW and 1 HE to show for it. I'd like to get at least one cover of Cap so I can go back to hoarding until the next 5* is released.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I gamble once per Special Vault(Release) at the chance for that newnew but it's too rich for me. 
    But I think whenever I do make the horriblehorde jump to 5*; I think the only way will be on a vault like these but it will have to include gambit. The release and whomever else really won't matter.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking of pulling from this special vault. My 5widow is at 12 covers and 5Hawkeye is the last cover I don't have on roster, plus I can get a cover for NewCap and get him on roster too. Three good motivations for me.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    i have ghostrider champed, so i'll probably wait until the next 5* after infinicap bumps him before i pull latest again. was sitting on 1900 cp so i pulled 1000 worth in the covert ops store to try to get a cap cover or two. pulled none. 4 widows and 2 hawkeyes. both still under covered.  

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I pull just to try to get 1 of the new 5* covers for future essentials. For what its worth Im 4/5 from Covert Ops, 3 Natashas and 1 Hawkeye so far
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pull from all possible vaults because shiny. :) 
  • Coulson_Lives
    Coulson_Lives Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I only pull from latest.  Have had terrible odds from special vaults as well so that keeps me away.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I'm thinking of pulling from this special vault. My 5widow is at 12 covers and 5Hawkeye is the last cover I don't have on roster, plus I can get a cover for NewCap and get him on roster too. Three good motivations for me.
    That's probably the best time to pull from a special vault, when any outcome is a good outcome. :)
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    Dormammu said:
    That's probably the best time to pull from a special vault, when any outcome is a good outcome. :)
    Unless that Widow is 4/4/4 there's at least one pretty annoying outcome.

That's one negative for the special token vs the LTs - CS won't swap covers from the special ones. I have a 1/3/2 Widow and a 2/1/4 Hawkeye so I'm a little tempted by the current Cap token, but as soon as any of those colors hit 5 you're risking a wasted 5* cover (unless you have the CP to pull ad infinitum until you can champ and turn them into champ levels). Ultimately I think I'd rather use my CP to help complete Jessica Jones, so I'll probably stay out of these tokens.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Like some others have said, it depends on the vault. I blew my CP on the Covert Ops vault because my Widow is woefully under-covered, my Hawkeye is Champed (so no waste) and the new Cap sounds interesting. Out of 13 pulls, I got two (2) Caps and one (1) Hawkeye, so no complaints there. But Widow continues to hide in the shadows and cry.

-Croak
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    Quebbster said:
    Dormammu said:
    Unless that Widow is 4/4/4 there's at least one pretty annoying outcome.

That's one negative for the special token vs the LTs - CS won't swap covers from the special ones. I have a 1/3/2 Widow and a 2/1/4 Hawkeye so I'm a little tempted by the current Cap token, but as soon as any of those colors hit 5 you're risking a wasted 5* cover (unless you have the CP to pull ad infinitum until you can champ and turn them into champ levels). Ultimately I think I'd rather use my CP to help complete Jessica Jones, so I'll probably stay out of these tokens.
    True, but then there's the option to keep pulling for a non-annoying outcome. I wouldn't recommend it if it was a 2/5/5 build though.
    I was in a pretty bad spot for the Alias Investigations vault - I had decided to hoard once Thor left Latest and really wanted a Jessica cover for PvE purposes, but on the other hand my Green Goblin was 1/5/2 and more purple covers would go to waste. Decided to risk it though and ended up with 2 Black Panther covers (already champed) before I got a Defenstrate cover. Thanks to that cover I got top 20 in Simulator without trying too hard. Sometimes you need to take your chances.
    (I won't mention the half-dozen or so green Phoenix covers I had to sell back when she was part of the top PvP meta...)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled about a dozen tokens from the Covert Ops vault, mainly because I wanted more covers for my 1/3/1 Hawkeye.  His Blue is the only 5-star cover I've purchased from the HfH deals.  Although I didn't get any of his covers, I got two Black Widow (bringing her to 4/4/3) and a Cap cover as well.  All of the four stars were usable or champ levels as well, so I can't complain too much.