Deadpool 2 trailer...

Options
Gowaderacer
Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
I'm sure the obvious choice for a Deadpool tie-in character will be Cable but for the love of Stan Lee we must get Peter too! 

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He can be a support.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Howzabout a Colossus buff?? don't need to shuffle the powers suite: just the numbers. 

but we'll probably get little kid Juggernaut as the long awaited 4* version...

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What? Nobody’s asking for Shatterstar? But they auditioned Shatterstar! He was there! Shatterstar!!!

Yeah, I don’t care about him either. 5* Cable!
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Domino is a good choice too for the new character release.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately it looks like a long wait due to IF war ruling the next two months. Maybe for the DVD release?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, with articles giving us IF releases well past Deadpool 2's release, I doubt we'll get a tie-in for the movie.

The upside is that if any characters are particularly awesome in the movie we can maybe make a lot of noise to push to get them included (pretty sure that's what happened with Yondu after GotG Vol 2, people were so hyped for him after the movie that a push was made to roll him out a few months later).

So yeah, maybe someone for the DVD release. Two if we're super lucky (only because I think Domino will be awesome, and people will riot if we get someone from DP2 that isn't Cable, so maybe both if we're lucky).
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Isn't Deadpool owned by Fox or Sony (and not yet by Marvel) so I don't think they're going to push any Deadpool characters right now.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    gmtosca said:
    Isn't Deadpool owned by Fox or Sony (and not yet by Marvel) so I don't think they're going to push any Deadpool characters right now.
    We're in a nebulous state right now.  Fox does own it, but Disney (parent company of Marvel) has plans to buy out  most of Fox (including their movie studio and all their Marvel movie rights).  Buyouts like this take a long time, while news of it came out in November last year it still hasn't even been approved by the FCC yet.  Once that happens it will probably be another 6-12 months (maybe even more with how long the timeline on movie making is) before we start seeing tangible changes from it.

So I could see them cross-promoting, I could also see them not.  Technically the FCC could just say no and then Marvel reeps no benefits from the cross-promotion.  My gut is that until the merger is approved there's a less than 10% chance of cross-promotion.  If it gets approved it bumps to a 50% chance, because they still might not cross-promote stuff that Fox already had in the pipeline because they could completely reboot any of those franchises (please RNGsus reboot X-Men and Fantastic 4, but leave Deadpool mostly alone commenting on how the universe changed around him in 3rd wall breaks)

Deadpool was probably the most likely to get cross-promotion before the merger was approved, since it seems pretty clear we're not getting it I'm sticking with my story above.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When the first Deadpool Movie was released, they redesigned the DDQ. Maybe they will do that again to secretly promote the Movie?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He can be a support.
    Level 1 - Has no superpowers.
    Level 2 - Has no superpowers.
    Level 3 - Has no superpowers.
    Level 4 - Has no superpowers.
    Level 5 - Has no superpowers.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Level 1 - Has no superpowers but his apian knowledge will bee the downfall of your opponents
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    I kinda hope not...
    I prefer her comic incarnation compared to her movie design.
  • adrainsmith
    adrainsmith Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

Latest Update: Deadpool 2 Finds DeviantArtists for Exclusive IMAX Poster! 20th Century Fox, IMAX and DeviantArt have teamed up in an exclusive partnership to find the perfect deviant artist for the Deadpool 2 Official IMAX Poster!

• hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I kinda hope not...
    Kind of too. I meant in general.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    I kinda hope not...
    Kind of too. I meant in general.
    Considering how luck based this game is, it's a wonder she's not the game's mascot.

Though I do agree. I like Domino as a character...I just wanna have comic Domino, not movie Domino. Oh jeez, they'll do a 3*/5* release for her, won't they.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kinda hope not...
    She should be a support and since her powers are lucked based, her 1-5 ranks should increased standard, elite, heroic, legendary, bonus heroes drop rates.