Unable to update

Wombat31
Wombat31 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
Hello I am using android 8.0 and I am unable to install the new update.  I tried reinstalling the whole game but now I can't install the game at all. I have tried all the recommendations from the Google play store help any ideas
Tagged:

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Wombat31 Would you mind explaining what you're experiencing? Do you get an error message? Does the update not finish installing?
  • Wombat31
    Yes I could download the app but when it tried installing the app i got a message that said the app can't be installed and got a 505 error code from the google play store. I have a Samsung s8 and use oreo 8.0.0 but I also tried it with the previous OS as well
  • Wombat31
    I have also restarted my phone cleared chaches and reinstalled google play.  I have tried other apps and I can install them just fine
  • Brigby
    @Wombat31 Do you know if you have enough storage space on your device to install the game?
  • Wombat31

@Brigby I do.  I have 24 GB of storage 
  • Brigby
    @Wombat31 Hmm...that's certainly odd. I'm afraid I don't know what could be the reason then.

Would you mind submitting a support ticket then? At this point, I believe our Customer Support team may be better suited to assist you with these technical issues.
  • Wombat31
    I did that too
  • ThePhoenix70
    ThePhoenix70 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    i too have the same problem.  i cannot update.   it gets to the install screen and then i get the 505 error.  i haven't been able to update or log into the game for a couple days.
    google pixel 2 xl

• DanaP
    DanaP Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Wombat31 said:
    Hello I am using android 8.0 and I am unable to install the new update.  I tried reinstalling the whole game but now I can't install the game at all. I have tried all the recommendations from the Google play store help any ideas
    I'm having the exact same problem as well on my Note 8. I went through the troubleshooting process and I even uninstalled the game and deleted everything associated with the game app rebooted phone and now I can't install the game at all.
  • iserguy
    iserguy Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Having the same problem. 
    Android 8.1.0
    Google Pixel
  • sarwiz
    sarwiz Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    Also unable to update. HTC OneM9 android 7.0. Getting the 505 error
    Tried all the google stuff, uninstalled game and cannot get it back. Already sent in support ticket on 4/21, have not heard back yet.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Looks like a 505 error can have several causes. One of them is a permissions conflict, which makes me wonder if uninstalling Facebook could help… Anyone care to try?

P.S. If you have Adobe Air on your phone, that was mentioned as causing 505 errors too.
  • sarwiz
    edited April 2018
    I do not have fbs app on my phone at all, if i connect to it i use the browser

• sarwiz
    I guess i am not allowed to install this game. Still not fixed
  • sarwiz
    Any word on ticket 397829?
  • ThePhoenix70
    ticket 398120 i still cannot install the game either and no further response from support ticket.   i have noticed that during my attemps to reinstall the game the download size has changed from 68.xxmb to 70.xx mb and then back.   ive attempted daily since the update to resolve this issue.   i also uninstalled my marvel puzzle quest and reinstalled with no issue as well as a couple other games to rule out a playstore problem.  only the magic puzzle quest has  quit working for me.
  • ThePhoenix70
    i just installed on my wifes samsung 8.  65.21mb download size.  hers downloaded and installed fine.  i use a pixel2 xl and my download size is 68.38 currently. i still get a 505 error.   idk if this helps.
  • Brigby
    For those that are encountering the 505 error, we have been advised to ask players contact the Google customer support team, as they will be able to assist with that.