Just What Kind of Evidence is JJ Turning Up?

Options
TPF Alexis
TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
For some characters, it's easy. She could be revealing a secret identity (Daredevil, Spidey), exposing someone who's a more hidden type of villain (Hood or Kingpin), or showing that someone's not as squeaky clean as they might want to be seen (Dark Avengers).

But what about the out and out, completely unrepentant, openly villainous characters? What is she going to dig up about Thanos or Carnage (or some of the Bosses, like Galactus or Apocalypse) that's actually going to be harming them in any way? There really isn't any kind of atrocity that's going to substantially lower people's opinion of someone who's already tried to eat their entire planet multiple times or kill off a substantial percentage of the population of the entire universe. Or is it something that would kill their rep with the other villains or make them less threatening? Like maybe Thanos secretly runs a no-kill animal shelter and spends his free time bottle-feeding orphaned kittens or something?

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos: Glove fetish.
    Carnage: Blood makes him squeamish.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Doc Ock: not an actual doctor
    Doctor Doom: actually a dentist
    Should maybe swap these two, since it's canon that Doom dropped out of college before getting his doctorate ;)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Some of these are making me wish I could draw, so I could do an MPQ version of the Misleading Names Bird & Moon comic.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom - Not actually poisonous?
    I was just randomly reminded: Venomous and Poisonous are actually distinct terms in biology. In my favourite phrasing, if it bites you and you die, it's venomous. If you bite it and you die, it's poisonous. The term that covers both is "Toxic*".
    Thanks for the correct terminology.  I'll therefore change mine to "Venom - Not actually Venomous?" :wink:
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    this is already my all-time favorite thread here
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Sandman spends his weekends visiting orphanages in middle America, dissolving to allow the kids to experience beach volleyball. 

Vulture comes along to rescue the ball when it gets stuck in a tree
  • djrdjr
    djrdjr Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Kraven is a vegetarian.
    Ultron is building his own "Dazzler".
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Fun fact: In his very first appearance, Galactus did not wear pants, just a miniskirt-. In later Printings they were colored in though.

**Removed quoted inappropriate content - Ducky

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apocalypse appeared on the Weakest Link and lost.

Loki isn't really a god, he is an Insurance salesman named Bob (but he is good at lying).

The Sinister Six are not really a group of villains, they are a Dungeons & Dragons group.

Magneto's helmet doesn't really protect him from mental attacks, he just wears it on bad hair days.

Juggernaut can in fact, stop (and Jessica has the photos to prove it).
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mordo *still* can't pull a rabbit out of a hat, no matter how hard he tried.

Sentry is actually Fabio's long lost twin brother.

Mystique doesn't really have blue skin - she just likes looking like Smurfette.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Secret mistresses.
    Illegitimate children.
    Bankrolled by Uatu.
    Not really evil, just overcompensating for lack of parental attention.
    No pinky toe.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Devil Dinosaur is actually a staunch Presbyterian.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dr. Doom's long lost brother is D-Man...

DennisDunphyDmangif
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    During the long hiatus of the Fantastic Four, Sue Storm was a stunt double for Violet in The Incredibles 2.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Juggernaut can in fact, stop (and Jessica has the photos to prove it).
    He stopped for Shulk... her sleeping with Juggs was a running joke in one of her series...

Image result for she hulk juggernaut i did not sleep with