Did they nerf bonus cover?

Ebichu
Ebichu Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
Hey just a quick check with you guys, did you see a decrease in bonus covers lately?
I haven't had a single one in the past 2 weeks!
Not a 3* not a 4* (never seen a 5* anyway)
I do open a lot of packs since I do every pve/pvp/dpd and so on..
But lately I barely get 3* covers at all and bonus roll simply disappeared its getting frustrating..
How is it for you?

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    5%, or 1 in 20, is still not a great chance of getting a bonus hero. You may just be unlucky. I've had a couple of bonus heroes this week (from 3-star pulls).
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got one from a standard token. They are there, just normal RNG.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have had a few in the last few Days. You are probalby just having a dry run.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Just got one from a standard token. They are there, just normal RNG.

Standard tokens give a bonus hero every time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed over the last month that Heroics seemed to be coughing up more bonus heroes than Elites but it is probably just an RNG streak.
  • Ebichu
    Ebichu Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Ah well just terrible luck I guess then, might eventually turn around, thanks!
    Btw just to make sure, you can't bonus roll a cover from another level right? Like a bonus 4* out of a 3* pull or vice versa right?
    Thanks!
  • DAZ0273
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I noticed over the last month that Heroics seemed to be coughing up more bonus heroes than Elites but it is probably just an RNG streak.
    As far as I’m aware, we can’t get a bonus hero from Elite tokens. If we look at the odds page, there’s no mention of the bonus hero odds.
    Really? I could of sworn I have in the past. Maybe I'm confused, Lol!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ebichu said:
    Ah well just terrible luck I guess then, might eventually turn around, thanks!
    Btw just to make sure, you can't bonus roll a cover from another level right? Like a bonus 4* out of a 3* pull or vice versa right?
    Thanks!
    Correct.  A 4 pull will only pull a 4 bonus, 3 a 3, 5 a 5.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    As far as I’m aware, we can’t get a bonus hero from Elite tokens. If we look at the odds page, there’s no mention of the bonus hero odds.
    There may be no mention of it, but we definitely can get bonus heroes from Elite tokens. I track all my bonus heroes, so can state that with certainty.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    you definitely can. well i can. rngeesus doesn't like some people. he only helps those that help themselves.
  • DAZ0273
    jredd said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    you definitely can. well i can. rngeesus doesn't like some people. he only helps those that help themselves.
    I thought you could, good to know I'm not completely losing the plot.

Heroics have been pretty kind to me generally recently, I got 5 4* (all with a bonus hero) just this last month, so RNGesus isn't all bad.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, you can definitely get bonus covers from Elites. Only on Three-star pulls of course, so if you don't get many gold covers that way you don't have much chance for bonus covers either.
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    they seem to come in bunches for me when I get them. And when I don't....I go weeks it seems
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I usually average 3 - 5 a week for 3* and maybe one 4* every couple weeks or so.  I've been using BH to max champ all my 3*, just switch the BH over to whoever is closest to maxing.  I've maxed like 10 of them this way and am close to finishing off Doc Ock
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    As with all RNG, there are streaks. I got two bonus 4* covers in recent weeks, but before that I may have gone as long as three months without pulling one (this was despite on average pulling 1-2 LTs / 20 CP pulls a day. I don't keep records, but I believe my 3* bonus hero pulls are often slightly above average. My 5* bonus hero pulls are consistently around average.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every couple of months one of these threads show up asking of BHs have been nerfed. It's just RNG treating you bad. Next week you'll get two bonus 5-stars. The universe has a way of making it up to all of us.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ahhh the bonus cover slump 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they exchanged the bonus rate from my HT to my ET. I was opening ~ 15 ET and getting 3* 70-80% of the time and got 1-3 bonus. As for HT I was getting 90% 2*.  :open_mouth:
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    My jboots seem slower since the last patch, too... 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just pulled a 5* BH so.....