Elite pack rotation...

serpent
serpent Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
I have been stockpiling pink mana jewels in the hope of obtaining specific mythic cards from the Amonkhet set, but I have no idea how long it's going to be before it rotates in... if ever.... I haven't seen them rotate in since Ixalan was released.  Does anyone know what the rotation cycle is?  It seems very sporadic and frustrating to me.  I never know what sets will rotate in and how long they will stay.  It's makes it real hard to decide whether to use the jewels vs. hang on to them for a later rotation.

I would love to know that Rivals would be for X days starting x/xx, then Ixalan for X days, then Hour for X, etc.

As a side note, the rotation cycle would be very helpful for planeswalkers as well as the card sets too.

Comments

• Indymon
    Indymon Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I still don’t understand why there is rotation in the store at all. Seems to be counterproductive from a profit perspective. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Nothing like a false sense of urgency to close a sale.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Hurry, this deal won't last!

I hate it too. The original excuse was "there are too many sets and planeswalkers and this will make it easier for new players" (to make bad decisions with their resources.)

To OP, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to how or when the elite packs rotate, at least to an outside observer. As far as I can tell, there is a dart board in the office that determines what comes next.

I imagine it goes something like this:

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm so on board with this.

I was hoarding my pink crystals to get another shot at the swords from Kaladesh (which who knows if we'll ever see again considering they're no longer in standard, discounted elite pack price maybe?) but after another week of cruddy Ixalan mythics I caved and spent them all on Rivals, just out of fear that it would be followed by another month of the same cruddy Ixalan mythics and I'll never get to really spend my crystals.