Fight for Wakanda

Trilateralus
Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
This is my favourite event. I like that hazard tiles make me think about my team composition beyond just who will do the most damage. I like that the matches require some thought and strategy. I’d like to see more events like this. 

Comments

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    This is a good one! I like it better since it's initial run. 
    I really like those 1on1 Black Panther nodes that give fatty amounts of iso.
    I enjoy that each day is a different challenge.

A few more tweaks and it would rival Strange Sights:
    They need to swap out the lam-o dark avengers and it would be more approachable. Having the CD's go off on the opponents side would go a long way to making them actually be neutral. And this event especially is crying out for wave nodes!
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    All good suggestions. It’s definitely not a perfect event but doesn’t deserve as much criticism as it receives. 
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    First phase is rather annoying and seems to be just tailor made to either drain your health packs or cause you to switch teams.
    The second is genuinely interesting with a variety of strategies you can use to turn it to your favor.
    The third rarely has any impact especially with the large number of Sentries who don't care about powers.
    The fourth has some strategy play but mainly just exists to elongate fights.

There are certain parts of the event I like. Specifically how Shuri and the various Panthers abilities almost seem tailor made to counter the tiles (Vibranium Tech, Move or Be moved, etc), I just don't think they're all implemented well. Still an interesting event.
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    It would be fine if the tiles were actually neutral, but they arent. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are plenty of possible improvements, but my only major issue with it is the Sub 2 Loaner node. Every time it's run so far, the Featured team has been pretty bad at dealing with Protect tiles, resulting in it taking longer, and sometimes even being harder, than the 5* Essential node.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    The loaner nodes are bad, hazard tiles are not interesting they're just annoying, clears can take up to twice as long in this PVE...

Not a fan.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I always use loaners because the synergy among the chosen three characters are usually low. It translates to taking more damage. Why take damage when you don't have to by using loaners?  :D

I like Wakanda because it allows me to think of different ways to deal with each hazard tiles. I think it's interesting.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    It's definitely one of the harder events, even on SCL 9 with 5*s you can feel the health drain.

That said, it's a fun and smarter event, that has unique challenges. Hope to see more like this in the future!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My favouriute's still Prodigal Sun because we get a lot more general variety in enemy types than any other event outside of a boss or Simulator.

But this one's okay, too. Not the worst (The Hunt and Hulk) but not the best. Overall it doesn't offend or annoy me. It woulda done had they kept the three loaner nodes there to grind down like its first run. Yeesh.