*****Loki*****

Options
DrDoMe
DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
Mischief (purple passive) - Loki creates a random trap tile whenever an enemy creates a charged tile, makes a critical tile, or steals or destroys friendly AP.  When matched, these tiles deal [Medium] damage.
    Rank 2 - Matched traps also remove a random enemy special tile.
    Rank 3 - Loki also creates a trap whenever an enemy fires an active power.
    Rank 5 - Mischief works while Loki is airborne.

Lord of Illusion - 6 Green AP - Loki creates a random trap tile, removes one of the lowest-numbered enemy countdown tiles and steals the strongest enemy strike, protect, or attack tile.
(passive) Whenever Loki would take more than [Med-High] damage, remove 2 of his trap tiles (if they exist) to negate 50% of the damage and send Loki airborne for 1 turn.
    Rank 3 - negates 75% of the damage
    Rank 4 - negates 100% of the damage
    Rank 5 - removes one additional trap tile and stuns the attacker for 2 turns.

God of Lies - 12 Black AP - If Loki has at least 2 trap tiles in every color, he wins the match.  Otherwise, he creates a trap tile in every color pool in which the enemy team has more AP.
(passive) Damage done to the enemy team on their turn is increased by 10% for every color of trap tile Loki has.
    Rank 2 - 15%
    Rank 3 - 20%
    Rank 4 - 25%
    Rank 5 - 40%

Design goals: One of the interesting things about the 3* Loki is that he has no damaging powers.  I wanted to stick with that idea but to make him a little more playable, I decided to make his only damage come from trap tiles.  To make him a little more active, his trap tiles are just as effective regardless of who matches them.  And of course, not matching them helps him avoid damage and sets him up for the God of Lies win condition.

For God of Lies, it's important to note that he needs 2 traps in each color and then he needs to spend 12 Black AP.  I think given how quickly he generates trap tiles, this is more realistic than the Doc Oc win condition while still being hard to do reliably.  Notably, he's more likely to pull off this instant win against opponents that have some really annoying passive powers, as his Mischief is going to generate a lot of traps against them.  His black passive is there because I think it would create some fun synergy with other trappers and counter-punchers and because it gives his opponent some idea of how close he is to victory.

Mostly my main goal here was to create a character that uses traps as a resource for several purposes, which is a pretty much exactly in Loki's wheelhouse.  Plus we don't have enough 5* villains.

Comments

• Bugeyed
    Bugeyed Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Now this would help bring the villains some street cred. Loki is a god, so it makes sense to have a 5* version. Something they should have done when they released a Thor 5*. Would have been really interesting if they had released a Loki 5* at exactly the same time, opportunity missed I think