Should I even bother to level up supports before rank 5?

Carnifexx
Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
Ok, first I’m an idiot. Now that we have that set, if I pour red iso into ranks 1-4 do those levels carry over when I get to rank 5? So say I have a rank 2 Wong and I get it to level 30. I get a rank 5 Wong. Will he be level 30? If not, I figure I should hoard red iso until I pull rank 5s on all supports. Putting this out before I waste iso. 

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    The iso stays. The level stays. When/if you pull a higher rank of the same support, it does two things:

1.  Unlock any perks up to that level.
    2.  Allow you to level that Support to a max of #of  unlocked perks x 50

If you level, say, Avengers Tower to 20,and pull a level 3 Avengers Tower, you now have a L20 AT that can be leveled to 150, with enough riso.

So if you have a support that you want to level, go ahead. The caveat is that if you pull a higher level of a different Support you may wish you had leveled that one.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Thanks that what I hoped. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    As stated, no levels are lost if you rank up a support. I sprang for the big h4h offer and got a rank 4 Lucky. Since then I have sank all my red iso into that one figuring that its better to level 4 abilies than 1.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly,  adding Riso just ups the percentages by a little bit each time.  Getting up to Level 250 is expensive.  So I'll probably stop when the % to fire reaches around 50%.

It will be different for each support rank power,  but generally speaking you can get the "low hanging " fruit pretty fast.

So I'll just max my commonly used supports until the % to fire reaches around 30-50% depending on power and then move onto the next best support.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    No way! The rarity of 4*s and 5*s basically means whatever Support you upgrade, you may not get for YEARS. Maybe some 2* or 3* variant - that is possible. However, 4* and 5* Supps are now available only from Legendary supp token, which you can get only by paying... around 7k HP.
    I would (and i will) definitely wait, since Supps are now only being tested.