Mid-week Coalition Event Poll v.2

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
A few forum members have consistently complained about coalition events during weekdays.  It now seems that these events have been removed.  However, I wanted to take a poll to see if this was actually the community consensus or just a dissenting but loud minority.

Personally, I loved the relatively short mid-week events with decent prizes.  I feel like there is much less keeping me engaged in the game now that these are gone.  I have a hard time finding time to play on the weekends, while weekdays are much easier for me to manage.

Mid-week Coalition Event Poll v.2 75 votes

I prefer a mid-week coalition event every week. (4-5 times per month)
46%
AmoXJSsjechuaGideonGrixis197Mainloop25Dodecapodbabar3355GrizzoMtGPQWiLDRAGESkiglass6HoudinHesturkDumasAGNinjaE810BourneGunmix25tfg76TheF3C3SK1ngSirchombliThuran 35 votes
I prefer a mid-week coalition event most weeks. (Around 3 times per month)
17%
ShibataZW2007-FeralSkaldFindingHeart8UweTellkampfSarahschmaraMatthewElfNeedsFoodstikxsMburn7KinesiaDBJonesHarryMason 13 votes
I prefer a mid-week coalition event some weeks. (Around 1-2 times per month)
17%
madwrenspeakupaskanswerspadplTomBboblpoblLaeuftbeidirJackGunnerFirinmahlazerninjarkMarvaddin[Deleted User]Enygma6HJ16 13 votes
Never
13%
bk1234andrewvanmarleSteve111VolrakMachinewereotterSorin81IM_CARLOSjoergingergogol666 10 votes
Neutral Option
5%
James13octal9Corn_NoodlesFroggy 4 votes

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like week events because they help me feel engaged and gives me something to look forward to while at work.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quoting previous poll so my opinion is noted again:

Its a nice change, and the extra rewards are nice, but not every week.  I can only sneak off at work to clear nodes so often before its a problem
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I don't think there are enough events, those 3 day long ones like Gatewatch go quick; drop them down to 2 days and add another event?  
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Never
    I'm working and can't just go and play, so coalition events during the working week are a complete nightmare.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neutral Option
    I like mid-week events, but all your options are only about coalition events. It makes it counter-productive to have coalition events during the week for me as there are charges that one needs to keep up with and so it very often interferes with work. In the past I could do it, but now I’ve been busier than ever. But if there were LOTS of other events during the week, I could work with that. And I think people (probably myself included, just probably), would stop complaining about Quick Battle. But I’d still want Standard TG. Tho I’m just saying...
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I prefer one every week; however, it should be a PvP Event with Coalition PvE Events being kept to the weekend.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Never
    I don't like mid-week coalition events. I don't have time for them (work, kids, friends, etc.). I think it's better to have optional events, the way things are arranged now (TS, EC, RatC, FS, etc.) so people can still keep playing the game. IF I have time I can choose to play or not. If they come back again, I even have to think about leaving my coalition, because I don't want to drag them down.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Never
    I prefer not to have them too, my work is demanding and I can't sneak away to play an hour each day.

I struggled with the PVP events (3 nodes) and I gave up with the 5 node PVE events.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I voted as I did, I actually would rather want a non-coalition standard event with decent prizes, but that wasn't an option :)
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I believe they intended to ask about coalition events specifically, since there's no obligation (implied or otherwise) to play in a non-coalition event.

I like having a coalition event during the week sometimes (even though it cuts into my AI time) but not all the time. And I think they need to fix the charges on the nodes so there's at least 12 hours after event start before you lose a charge if you can't play right away, and 12 hours at the end without accruing an additional charge to account for work time/sleep time/time zone differentials. 
  • babar3355
    Options
    I guess coalition events just have such better prizes.  If they ran a ToS or something mid week with 300 jewel max prizes and no coalition rewards I could be convinced =)  However, these 20 jewel EC/Terrors are just awful.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really enjoy mid week events. Just not 4 days worth of 5 nodes of pve. When events like Trial of Ambition were running weekly, it seemed ok .Occasionally we'd be down a player because life happens, but it was nice . Plus those events are great for f2p players to scoop up some cards. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Never
    Several people above me have used rewards as a motivation for having midweek coalition events. While I agree that rewards can be an incentive to play events, I play the midweek non coalition events when I have time and because I LIKE to play them, not because of the rewards.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm actually going to change my answer and say no, or once every couple of weeks. After thinking it over a bit, I recall the severe HOU burnout from having so many coalition events running back to back to back to back.
  • babar3355
    Options
    So of those that voted and had an opinion, so far:
    Option 1 - Mid-week event every week = 44%
    Option 2 - Mid-week event most weeks = 18%
    Option 3 - Mid-week event some weeks = 19%
    Option 4 - Mid-week event Never = 19%
    This is moving Brakkis' to a 50% Never and 50% "some".

Still it looks like 80% of those represented in this poll are in favor of a mid-week coalition event at least some of the time.  And well over 60% are in favor of a coalition event most weeks (around 3-4/month).  @Oktagon_Daiane @Brigby @LakeStone

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I was torn between NEVER and Mid-week event 2 times a month.

I REALLY enjoy the balance between my life and this game - it doesn't burn me out.

As some others I, too, would prefer non-coalition. However, I admit the rewards need to be reworked a bit like terror of shadows... not that I play those non-coalition but I can still see a need.

The weekend coalitions already absorb way too much of my time, UNLESS it is like the most recent iteration of RTO which only lasted for 2 days.

BUT right now the STANDARD format is fluctuating too much causes way to much of a time investment right now. I am getting TIRED of building new decks every freaking week on top of LONG events on the weekends; therefore perhaps after this LONG run of constant deckbuilding has passed. But by golly, BALANCE!

P.S. I really really like how things are now with the relaxation on the weekdays.
  • Shibata
    Shibata Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm all for it as long as they don't run very long.  1 day events would be great, 2 day would be acceptable.  It was very tough when they started on I believe Wednesday and ran until Friday, and then another started that ran until Monday.  I also liked this past event that ended on Sunday instead of Monday.  Do that and have another short one start on a Tuesday.  That allows for breaks in between.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Never
    [MOD MIC ON]Based on community feedback, the mod team has been evaluating ways to be more flexible with some of our rules, while still enforcing the reason why the rule was created in the first place. It is for this reason that this thread (and several others in recent history) has not been closed, despite it being last posted in prior to 30 days. We would like to ensure that discussions that are relevant and do not contain outdated content available to players who want to add input. However -- discussing why a necro thread is not closed in a thread about when events should be run is off topic. If you have concerns about rule enforcement, please report the post or contact a mod or Brigby directly. Further violations of this rule will result in warnings and / or points. [//MOD MIC]]
  • BATMAN1
    BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bored out of my mind with this game, and the only way to get new cards is to spend money on crystals. Why do I wanna spend money on cards and crystals if have nothing to do with them?????