3* Steve Rogers name changed to Captain America

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
Was this an unannounced changed?  I noticed today that Steve Rogers (Super Soldier) is now named Captain America (Super Soldier). 

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Also, the 2* version is now Captain America (Steve Rodgers) and the 5* is Captain America (First Avenger)
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Probably changed to make supports less confusing  ie. The shield support
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. There was an update to the Release Notes earlier in the day that lists this change. You are correct that 2-Star, 3-Star, and 5-Star Captain America have had their names changed around a bit, so that their names are Captain America and the sub-titles highlight the difference in characters.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Actually I'm pretty sure the name change was originally done when Sam Wilson became Captain America in the comics. Now that Sam is back to being the Falcon after Secret Empire, there's no reason not to primarily refer to Steve as Cap.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume part of the reason for this was that the Vintage Shield support has a Perk such that if a friendly Protect tile is on the board, and one of Captain America’s CDs resolve, the protect is removed and extra damages is done. This does not, I presume, apply to Super Soldier’s CDs.  

This Perk does apply to Peggy, too.